HI Hostel Bruegel Brussels
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We were two female friends, so we chose a double room and it was fairly clean, it had a bathroom with a shower and sink which was great, and the shared bathroom was near the room, so no complaints there. The breakfast was nice, and in general the hostel was clean, nicely equiped, and near the city centre (Brussels is so small practicaly everything is near anything else). The only complaint is the staff, it was barely helpful, their languages skills was poor and it made it difficult to comunicate ”
- 01 Jun 2015 Anonymous Spain
- “ HI Hostel was perfectly fine for sleeping. But it was annoying how there was only one outlet in the entire dorm, plus an outlet in the bathroom. The overall quality is good, it's just not pretty. There's no lockers in the bedrooms which was sort of annoying too. ”
- 30 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ More or less the standard European hostel experience. It was my second stay at the hostel, and I would consider coming back. There are no lockers in the rooms, although I did not feel my property was unsafe. ”
- 02 Apr 2015 Anonymous Latvia
- “ The location is the best you can have, walking distance from many city sights. We had a room with the view on the old chapel so it was pretty nice. Those, who are usually disappointed with toasts, cereal plus thermos flask coffee in many hostels will be pleasantly surprised with the orange juice and propper cappuccino from the coffee machine for breakfast :) ”
- 24 Mar 2015 Inga Poland
- “ Bedrooms were good, breakfast was awesome, Internet connection sucked (you can only use ~1MB/day and if you use more, you get blocked) We stayed there for the New Year's Eve and the staff prepared a very fancy dinner for 23€/person on the 31st. Everything was so perfect and delicious and we loved the fact that we had somewhere nice to have dinner on 31st! After the dinner the pub was opened till late for celebrating the New Year. The hostel really made spending New Year's Eve on Brussels special ”
- 30 Dec 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Some quirks (no lockers in rooms, showers where hot water appears after 1-2 minutes), but overall a decent European hostel experience. ”
- 10 Dec 2014 Anonymous Latvia