HI New York City NYC Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It is a very nice hostel, but very expensive for a hostel. The tours were alright and most of them are free - I participated in the Brooklyn Twilight Tour. The views were incredible and well worth it. ”
- 24 Aug 2014 Wanda New Zealand
- “ Nice. Enjoyed. ”
- 23 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I was very impressed by my experience with HI - New York City. The atmosphere was very friendly and comfortable; the staff was extremely helpful, especially when I had to leave my luggage due to checking in too early; and the cafe made for a wonderful breakfast. I enjoyed it so much that I posted about it on my Facebook and recommended it to any of my single friends travelling to New York City. Definitely planning to stay here again next time I'm in New York! ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Melanie USA
- “ I pretty much was only at the hostel to shower and sleep. The breakfast coupons are incredible, as is the cafe. The food is so good. The beds are comfy and I love the two outlets and light above each bed. The staff were nice and the place was clean and very secure. Only downside was the location but there are two different subway lined either side of the hostel which can get you to Times Square in about 15 minutes or so. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Loved the bathrooms! Very pretty! ”
- 28 Jun 2014 Tracy USA
- “ This was my first experience in an American hostel, and it was a really great experience. If you're traveling and looking for a way to have your basic lodging needs met and save a little money, I'd highly recommend this hostel. The location was perfect! There were a lot of people to meet and activities to participate in if that's what you want. Rooms and bathrooms were great, and overall the hostel met my needs. ”
- 06 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA