HI Ouro Preto
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel was sub-par. The wifi never worked, we had to pay 3 reals to use a towel which I've never had to do at any other hostel. Noone came to clean the room each day. The staff was not readily available. The staff who was available, really only the woman who made breakfast was great. The location was good because it was right in Ouro preto, but still about a 15 minute walk from praca tiradentes. Felt very safe. ”
- 03 Jun 2015 Stephanie USA
- “ Perfect !! Really liked everything.. Probably the only thing that was not so great it was the wifi but everything just great!! ”
- 02 Aug 2013 Maria Daniela
- “ The place is not across town like someone else mentioned. It is downhill from the main square and not too far. a taxi ride there from the bus station is a good idea (cost around 15 real). the hostel is nice, has a great view, and the staff are friendly. that said, the staff don't really speak english or spanish which might be bad for some. I was able to get by with my spanish thought. I would say that the hostel is very clean but it is humid in the sleeping area & the restroom (toilet paper too) ”
- 02 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA