HI Phoenix - The Metcalf House
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff were great! It is situated in a neighborhood. So at night, you will have to walk about 5 mins from the main road into the hostel. Overall, i gave a 3.8/5 stars. As the only hostel available on hostel.com and since I am on budget, there isnt much to complain about. ”
- 21 Dec 2016 Anonymous Singapore
- “ I had a great time at The Metcalf House Phoenix Hostel. The owner was very helpful and kind, as were all of his employees. He made a point of getting to know everyone's name and checking to make sure they were well accommodated. You could tell he cared about his hostel and the people there which are extremely important in running a business. Everything was clean, I had a roomy bed and I was impressed with breakfast being served in the mornings with pancakes, eggs and fruit. 5 *****! ”
- 13 Dec 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in other hostels and everyone wanted to stay in their own circles, but this one had a family like feeling to it. It was nice to have one or two people to sit outside and talk about our day/plans. Maybe it was just the right people at the right time. My only negative thing to write about was how this young arrogant socialist german girl could not stop bragging how great germany is and how bad America is, I don't like ignorant foreigners bashing my country. ”
- 19 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Lovely hostel with lots of personality. Nice neighbourhood and no issues with parking! Staff were really helpful and kind. Only slight issue was our shared bathroom (we were in a private room) was with a male dorm which wasn't ideal but there is a bathroom with shower to use in the main building. ”
- 16 May 2016 Cassandra England