HI - Portland - Northwest
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I am impressed by this hostel. Everything was perfectly clean, staff is willing to help with anything, the kitchen is big and equipped for cooking, filtered water for free, excellent Wi-Fi connection, the place is calm and peaceful. It is possible to wash clothes, they recycle garbage. ”
- 16 Oct 2014 Anonymous Czech Republic
- “ In an awesome location! Very close to public transportation, very close the the Pearl District. It is close to places like Chinatown, Voodoo Donuts, Providence Park, and Pioneer Place are all walkable from the hostel. The bathrooms are clean, the showers/tubs are clean and old school so you have to stretch your leg pretty far so be careful. Laundry facalities onsite is a plus and so is breakfast including locally brewed coffee. They also sell bath soap for 50 cents which is awesome. ”
- 08 Oct 2014 Bryan USA
- “ Ok, so besides the very loudly snoring man above me, this place was all around great. Staff ( the staff was especially friendly and helpful ) rooms, amenities, location, all were above par. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone coming to Portland. ”
- 05 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ To few Bathrooms for the amount of Beds in each room, The hostel itself is couple very nicely restored Victorian homes in a Safe Neighborhood. Not too far of a walk into town. ”
- 26 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very pleased overall with hostel!! Stayed in 8 bed female dorm and liked the separate sleeping areas, clean, and comfortable amount of space. Only issue I had was that I became very congested and had cold-like symptoms every night, not sure if due to open window and/or fan. Have stayed in other hostels and this was not an issue so hoping it was not due to pillow or something like that. Otherwise, common areas were very pleasant, lots of helpful info about neighborhood, and enjoyed pub crawls! ”
- 14 Sep 2014 Rachel USA
- “ We loved our stay. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were well kept. They had plenty of facilities to make our stay comfortable. It also wasn't full of young drunk kids like some other hostels I've stayed at. In general, Portland is very walkable, and I felt the location was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go and just a few blocks away from nice shops and restaurants. And when not, the bus stop is just a block away. Would definitely recommend to a friend. ”
- 13 Sep 2014 Melissa USA