HI San Diego - Point Loma
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I have worked Navy jobs around the World, for 40 yrs, and been through all levels of hostels, comfort, and ambiance...this 1st. Experience here, was, as previously stated by others..indeed, an awesome vibe, comfort everywhere, generous in EVERY regard, the five star hostel I needed..( Chilling out from long trip in Cambodia). Seriously Thanks ESP., to Mario(always smiling, ever ready to help..) Kimmie, who about great co-ops, and felafals, and Alex , cheerful, even climbing in locked windows! ”
- 07 May 2017 carol USA
“ Great Hostel. Bus 923 drives 50 min to Downtown every 30 min. Airplanes every 5 min. From 06.00. Makes Lot of noise. ”
Thanks so much for your comments. We really appreciate it. Being in San Diego, you can't really get away from the airplanes but we have tried to do some things to help out in that area. Airplanes stop running at 11pm, we have central air and heating now so guests can close their windows, and we have free earplugs at the front desk. Cheers, Jenny
- 11 Apr 2017 Elisabeth Germany
“ This was my favorite hostel ever! Everything was clean and comfy. The only things I would change would be the inner duvet layer and I would make the rooms a little warmer. ”
Thank you for choosing HI Point Loma! We really appreciate your honest review! Happy hostelling!
- 25 Jan 2017 Anonymous USA
“ I found the dorm room I was in very dark. There were no lights near the bunk beds which meant no reading in bed! The beds were super comfortable and roomy. I'm usually one of the oldest when I'm at a hostel but no so this one. There were several grey heads and one of my roommates was 74 years old. We were all friendly but I didn't notice the young people talked much to each other which I found rather strange. Could have just been the people staying there at the same time. ”
Thank you for your feedback. We will most certainly review some reading light options! Happy hostelling!
- 10 Dec 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Kind of quiet Not much going on ”
- 25 Oct 2016 Elaine Jamaica
- “ Everything was great! ”
- 11 Oct 2016 Johann USA
- “ Good hostel, breakfast could have been better! ”
- 17 Sep 2016 Anonymous England
- “ Great experience in this hostel! ”
- 14 Jun 2016 christy USA