HI - San Francisco - City Center Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The area is very sketchy but otherwise a very good place to stay. The hostel is close to lots of restaurants that are within walking distance. Rooms were clean, you have your own locker but need to bring own lock, staff were very friendly and helpful, other guests and hostel roommates were nice, free wifi, and breakfast is included. Also, plenty of activities hosted by the hostel like movie night and tours of the city. We only stayed 2 nights so could not participate in these activities. ”
- 11 Apr 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Even though you're in the middle of the tenderloin I never felt unsafe. The staff keeps an eye on everybody coming in. I got a lot of Information from the staff regarding a trip to big sur. The breakfast is amazing: free bagels, jam, cream cheese, orange Juice, oatmeal, coffee and tea. You Need to pay 1 $ for pancakes and 2$ for pancakes with eggs. Prepared by the chef. The Internet did'nt reach well enough in the rooms but was sufficient in the Lobby. Sometimes troubles with it but overall ok. ”
- 04 Feb 2014 Christian Ronald Germany
- “ The hostel was located in a sketchy part of town, but there wasn't a moment when I didn't feel safe inside! There is plenty to do at the hostel and I would definitely consider booking here again. ”
- 17 Jan 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel is in a beautiful, well decorated building with good bathroom and kitchen facilities. It was clean and the staff were helpful if not overtly friendly. The hostel is located in the Tenderloin, an area which also goes by the name "Crackhead City" so if hordes of homeless people and the overwhelming smell of urine bother you then this is probably not the place for you. That said the security of the building is good and I did not see any incidents while I was there. ”
- 16 Jan 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ The location is not very good, neighbors are not very safe, it is not convenient for the people who don t have a car... Internet is slow, but it is very clean and people are very friendly. ”
- 29 Dec 2013 Yinglun China
- “ The staff were super nice and helpful! Thanks a lot! And the room is clean and comfortable. And I especially like the common areas where the atmosphere was good and you can meet and socialize with interesting people from all around the world and have fun. I had a good time staying there. ”
- 27 Dec 2013 Anonymous China