HI - San Francisco - City Center Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The staff was friendly and made us feel welcomed to San Francisco. I do recommend this hostel for anyone who is traveling through SF. ”
- 11 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything was great except that staff had some confusion about the luggage rules several people said several different things. It made my departure to the airport quite uncomfortable. ”
- 31 Aug 2014 Anonymous Japan
- “ It is a good hostel, clean and very pleasent to be. The location is bad because of the neighborhood. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Rita Brazil
“ The hostel is in the Tenderloin neighborhood, so you're going to be in the not-so-nice part of town. We weren't very comfortable with that, but you only have to walk a few blocks to get to nicer areas, where you'll be spending most of your time anyway. The hostel itself is perfectly alright. The common area had a really nice atmosphere. The rooms were nice. Some nitpicks were that the mattresses were very soft (you sink into them), my top bunk had no outlet, and there was a bit of street noise. ”
Hi Alex, The Tenderloin is definitely a bit eccentric, but I'm glad you didn't let that adversely affect your stay here at City Center. As for the mattresses, they are brand-new memory-foam mattresses, but they definitely don't suit everyone! We are always working to improve here, so I really appreciate your detailed feedback. I hope you can stay with us again in the future. Happy Travels! -Mel Assistant General Manager
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
“ It was an experience for a lifetime. Thank u city center hostel for providing a good atmosphere, great food and nice staff. I would highly recommend to stay there! The only downside is the bad neighborhood. ”
Hi Attila, Thank YOU for your kind words about our hostel! I'm glad you had a good stay here. As for the neighborhood, it is a bit eccentric, but we are working to involve ourselves in the community to make some positive change here. Come back and stay again soon! Cheers, Mel Assistant General Manager
- 14 Jul 2014 Anonymous Hungary