HI San Francisco - City Center
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall we had a great experience. The bar downstairs was really convenient, rooms and common areas were clean, and staff was ultra friendly. I'm not sure how many hidden costs there are with the hostel though. We were charged over $280 when we arrived but the e-mail confirmation said we had a balance of $237.60. ”
- 21 Oct 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Staff a bit grumpy, some smiles would have been very good. ”
- 17 Oct 2016 George Breno Brazil
- “ Though the hostel is located in the Tenderloin area, I felt secure at all times. It has access control to all people (only guests allowed inside) and a security guard in front of the door at night. The facilities are clean & great and the atmosphere is very cosy. You just need to know that there is a lot of homeless people on the streets in that area. But if you`re not bothered by that you will enjoy a down-to-the-earth district. Only as single female traveller I might choose another district. ”
- 03 Sep 2016 Christiane Germany
- “ No Parking. ”
- 07 Aug 2016 Anonymous Brazil
- “ The rooms and bathrooms were clean, big lockers for storage. Breakfast was great, able to pay $1 for eggs or pancakes. Bar in the evenings sold $4 beers and a great place to hang and meet people. The location is fine, at first it can be daunting walking down Ellis Street amongst the homeless but we were ignored by them for the most part. Easy enough to walk down Geary Street to Union Square to avoid it tho. ”
- 10 Jul 2016 Anonymous New Zealand
- “ Hostel was good, location as well. If you're coming with car, there is no free parking, you can park on the street, but you have to wake up early to move your car. Everything else is perfect. Breakfast was good! Beds - comfortable ”
- 23 Jun 2016 Ilona Lithuania