HI San Francisco - Downtown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Best Hostel in SF. No doubts. ”
- 28 Nov 2015 João Paulo Brazil
- “ The staff were super nice and helpful. The room was alright, it was nothing fancy, but worked well. One thing I found myself missing in the room though was a chair or two. The neighborhood looks a little rough with quite a lot of homeless which made me not want to walk outside very late as a solo female traveler. Though I'm sure most are harmless. Otherwise the location is really good, only a 5 minute (or less) walk from the Powell Street with the cable car turnabout and great shopping. ”
- 22 Sep 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ The location right in downtown is great! The room was rather small but everything looked well taken care of. The staff is friendly and helpful and breakfast was good. I would stay there again. ”
- 22 Sep 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ My friend and I liked very much the Hostel . Excelent location, clean, with many facilities and etc. We had hosted in a private room for 2 persons. The only thing that I need to complain is the lack of a FAN. It was so HOT inside the room. It was almost impossible to stay in there and very uncomfortable to sleep. ”
- 06 Sep 2015 ANTONIO Brazil
- “ This is a very nice hostel that has been upgraded in the rooms since I last stayed a few years ago. A nice feature is a power strip with lamp above each bed. The hostel's location is great being near Union Square and downtown area which is easily accessible to public transportation. ”
- 06 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice hostel, but restroom are not clean. ”
- 19 Aug 2015 Damian Argentina
- “ Had an awesome stay and met some fabulous people from all over the world. Fun sharing stories with them. It was clean and beds were comfortable. Wonderful staff, always helpful and smiling 😊😊😊 ”
- 07 Aug 2015 Jo USA
- “ Everything was fine at the hostel. ”
- 30 Jul 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ very noisy. The bathroom was not very clean, neither the bedding clothes. The wifi never worked.
Also the staff in the front desk were not very nice to us.
I would not recommend this hostel. ”
Hello Sandra, I am really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our hostel. We work very hard to be a clean and friendly hostel, so I will reach out to you directly for more specifics on how we can improve. As for our free WiFi, no excuses, we were having intermittent problems with it during your stay and it was not fixed until after your departure. I truly wish we could have better served you! Sincerely, Michael Foyder General Manager
- 24 Jul 2015 sandra Spain
- “ The employees were really nice, and it was very clean. I definitely recommend this place. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Sandra Mexico