HI San Francisco - Downtown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Everything was fine at the hostel. ”
- 30 Jul 2015 Anonymous Canada
“ very noisy. The bathroom was not very clean, neither the bedding clothes. The wifi never worked.
Also the staff in the front desk were not very nice to us.
I would not recommend this hostel. ”
Hello Sandra, I am really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at our hostel. We work very hard to be a clean and friendly hostel, so I will reach out to you directly for more specifics on how we can improve. As for our free WiFi, no excuses, we were having intermittent problems with it during your stay and it was not fixed until after your departure. I truly wish we could have better served you! Sincerely, Michael Foyder General Manager
- 24 Jul 2015 sandra Spain
- “ The employees were really nice, and it was very clean. I definitely recommend this place. ”
- 23 Jul 2015 Sandra Mexico
- “ Only compliant was loud noise from the street. White noise machines in the future would be helpful as would be fans. ”
- 22 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The staffs were very welcoming and sweet. The kitchen and the lounge were quite small for its size though. Except for that, it was fairly good for a hostel. Also, the atmosphere was very lively and good. Want to come back to this hostel very much! ”
- 07 Jul 2015 Anonymous South Korea
- “ When you see you this place, you won't think it's a hostel. You'll be certain it's a hotel. This place was fantastic. My fiance and I stayed in a private suite and absolutely loved it. The closet with spacious. The bathroom was perfect. We had everything we needed and more. The staff was polite. Overall, it had a wonderful environment. Yes, it is on the edge of the Tenderloin, but I never felt unsafe walking back to the hostel, even at night. I highly, highly recommend this place! ”
- 11 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Overall my experience was very positive. The only drawback to the facility was the elevator; you had to hold the button for a very long time and hope that you were able to open the door in time before the elevator went back up. Opening the door in time was either luck or a skill I was unable to master in my four-day stay. Also be weary of the Tenderloin, which is only a block or two away. ”
- 20 May 2015 David USA