HI Washington DC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It is an old hostel, needs renovation, like new carpet. Hooks, there should be some in the bathroom! The power of the shower is poor. The hairdryer has a lot of power! 👍🏻 Thanks for the umbrella offering when it was pouring outside! ”
- 12 May 2018 Franziska Germany
- “ expensive ! ”
- 20 Apr 2018 Anonymous Japan
- “ Great location, and friendly, helpful staff. The place is well-kept, clean, and with modern appliances. Would definitely come here again! ”
- 04 Jan 2018 Anonymous Canada
- “ I was really disappointed with breakfast. Knives were not provided. There was one only for the butter. There was no choice of jams, and no fruits, no cheese, eggs or ham was offered. The provided blankets were really thin. The good point is checking-in was possible before 3pm and that it was really quiet and well located (two blocks from the Metro station). ”
- 23 Nov 2017 Simon France
- “ The Thanksgiving dinner provided by the staff was just simply great. Everyone was friendly and grateful for the dinner. There were many friendships made during this visit. ”
- 21 Nov 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ It was in all super nice. Super clean and friendly staff who was always helpful if you had a question. ”
- 21 Aug 2017 Anonymous Germany
- “ I have stayed here before and will stay again. Never had a problem, in fact very positive experiences. Since I often arrive in DC using Megabus, use the Circulator bus. You get on that bus steps away from where you get off Megabus. It is $1 and you get off at K/12th street.The hostel is at K/11th. Returning to Union station, get on in front of Potbelly sandwiches,( there is a Circulator bus sign somewhat hidden by a hanging flower pot) and take that back to Union station. Great hostel. love DC. ”
- 04 Aug 2017 Anonymous USA
“ Bigger TV Room and Common Area! ”
Hey, thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your suggestion on the TV, and we will look into it. 60" TV's used to be big but I guess we are a little out of date :). As for the common areas, I hope you were able to find and us the common areas on both floors, we have the pool table, conference room and eating studying area in addition to the space on the first floor. We currently have a patio that is unavailable due to construction next door but when they finish there will be plenty more space outside for guests to use.
- 07 Jul 2017 Antun Canada
- “ This hostel is a great place to stay.....it has all the amenities one needs for an enjoyable stay. However, more & more very young people are choosing to stay here and some of them need some supervision to rein in their exuberance and i guess boredom at times. I was nearly hit by a falling object on the stairs by one of these juveniles! Otherwise this hostel gives you great value for your money! ”
- 28 May 2017 Anonymous USA