HI Washington DC
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel is a great place to stay.....it has all the amenities one needs for an enjoyable stay. However, more & more very young people are choosing to stay here and some of them need some supervision to rein in their exuberance and i guess boredom at times. I was nearly hit by a falling object on the stairs by one of these juveniles! Otherwise this hostel gives you great value for your money! ”
- 28 May 2017 Anonymous USA
- “ Great, helpful staff. Well located with easy access to most points of interest. Beds/mattresses are very noisy so any movement (ie turning) is amplified. ”
- 21 Apr 2017 Nicola Italy
- “ I tired hosteling for the frst time that too on my solo trip, i had best time. I felt very safe and secure. And the best part is to meet different people from different country. The services are great and at very resonable rate. It was overall a very good experience, i would choose hosteling over hotels any day now, ”
- 07 Apr 2017 Anonymous India
- “ No hot water at all for two nights. The staffs said only "working on it" ”
- 26 Mar 2017 Youngmi USA
- “ Place is welcoming yet it doesn't feel as open and easy to befriend anyone as I'm usually used to. It's a big place, so, be as friendly as you can. ”
- 28 Dec 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ good location reasonable price and including breakfast!!! breakfast is much better than other Hostel. ”
- 26 Dec 2016 Anonymous South Korea
- “ this is one of the better Hi Hostelling hostels that I have stayed. About 10 mins walk from the nearest subway. I would highly recommend this hostel if you are in D.C ”
- 24 Dec 2016 Anonymous Singapore
- “ The man who ran breakfast every morning was superb! Friendly, professional and informative, and swapped easily from English to Spanish for those guests that required it. ”
- 23 Nov 2016 Morgan New Zealand
“ For security, you can let your luggage after check out in a 4$ locker. The location is great, you can visit almost everything by foot. The staff is nice and welcoming. You can feel there is a good atmosphere, people on holiday can't be in a bad mood! About the cleanliness it isn't the hostel the problem but more the other customer who don't wash after themselves the shower (hair for example or paper on the floor).It still feels too expensive for staying in a bunk bed. The breakfast is great! ”
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. You seem to have enjoyed yourself and participated in experiencing all that our hostel has to offer. We appreciate your feedback, it helps us in making everyone's stay better. Safe travel!
- 18 Oct 2016 juliette France
“ Allover a good hostel. ”
Great! You loved your stay! Thank you for your sweet comment! We look forward to seeing you soon! Safe travels!
- 20 Sep 2016 Anonymous Iceland