HI-Calgary City Centre
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Had some trouble with people i think it should be alcohol free but it was only two that could give the hostal a bad name overall great place to stay. ”
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the negative experience you had and appreciate your positive comments overall. We like to give guests the opportunity to unwind and have a couple drinks with friends, but rest assured we do have policy regarding where and when alcohol is allowed. We also try to ensure that belligerent guests are dealt with immediately and will work even harder to make sure that this is enforced. Many thanks, Jason Wong, Manager
- 23 Dec 2014 john Ireland
“ The breakfast is just amazing. The hostel provide for you all the bed sheet, as well as towels free to take it. The location is really good, just beside train stations and buses. The hostel is in Downtown Calgary, near from malls ans a lot of attractions. Sometimes the staff was not at the mood to give information, but they were never rude or unavailable. Thank you guys for my day in Hi City Center Hostel. ”
So glad to hear you enjoyed the free breakfast and other free amenities! We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and visit many attractions. We work hard to provide great customer service and I will talk to my team to make sure that we give off the right attitude because we are truly always happy to help. We hope to see you again soon. Cheers Jason Wong, Manager
- 08 Nov 2014 Anonymous
“ I stayed here for 2weeks and had a great time. Met some boss people. Location is excellent. Convenient to the train and bus routes. Staff are very accommodating and always keen to help. Would have no problem going back. ”
Thank you for leaving a review on hostels.com. It is great to hear that you met new people and took advantage of the location and free train! Our staff appreciates your compliments on our work. We hope you are able to come back soon! Regards, Jason Wong, Manager
- 22 Oct 2014 Paul Ireland
“ I had great fun at Hi-Calgary. It was a brilliant combination of the right people in the right place on the right moment.
The hostel is close to the city center, but also close to a rehab facility and in the middle of a couple of construction sites. There are a lot of homeless people in the greens around the hostel, but in the time I stayed there, none of them misbehaved or bothered anybody. No need to feel disconcerted about them. ”
We're so happy to hear you had fun here and enjoyed the atmosphere. We look forward to the improvements in the community once construction is over - even more attractions right outside our door! Being on the edge of downtown, police patrols are increased and as you said, guests have nothing to worry about as there have been no incidents with the homeless. Thank you for your feedback! Jason Wong, Manager
- 04 Oct 2014 Hilke
- “ Overall great hostel. One of the best hostels that I stayed at. Staff is amazing. The location just 5 min walk to the core. The hostel is very clean. Free breakfast with glad selections. Price is very cheap. Highly recommended!! ”
- 15 Sep 2014 YUN JEONG(Claire) South Korea
- “ I loved my stay here.Free tea and breakfast in the morning was a wonderful bonus, and for the price, it really can't be beat. Lots of seating in the kitchen and a nice common room. The walk is very short to get to the downtown area and the staff was very helpful. Parking was difficult at first, but that was because of an event going on nearby, and it was easy enough to move the car to the free lot the next morning. I would highly recommend this hostel for your stay in Calgary. ”
- 09 Aug 2014 Marias USA
- “ The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and the location couldn't be better. I felt secure that my luggage was safe and the atmosphere was great as I got to meet fellow travelers from all over the world. I would recommend this hostel to anybody travelling through Calgary and I feel that it is great value for the money. It is located right in the heart of downtown Calgary and therefore makes getting around the city quit easy and accessible. I plan to become a member and recommend it ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada