HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I didn't really like the place. It's good for the price, but it was really freaky. I couldn't stay more than a night. I really didn't like that the shower room was so far away from your room. And it's not a good place to meet people. Great location though. ”
- 09 Aug 2016 Kathryn Japan
- “ The staff were extremely friendly and the location was great. ”
- 20 Mar 2016 Matilda Australia
- “ Parking was a mess. Lady at front desk was unhelpful, gave us misinformation about nightlife. Facilities were grimy and the rooms were hardly 'refurbished' as advertised. The painting in the room also detracted from the atmosphere, which seemed to only contain the negatives of a prison. It was far too expensive for the experience we got. ”
- 05 Mar 2016 Matthew
- “ Unbeatable location - within walking distance of everything! Very friendly staff, adequate security, reasonable cleanliness. But the old cells were built to NOT block sound, so you can hear everything from the rooms while you're in the hall and vice verse. The bars are left open at the top of the cell to maintain circulation, which lets in all the light from the hall. And the rooms are TINY - there's barely room for two people to stand up at the same time in the four-person dorm. ”
- 30 Jan 2016 Ellen Canada
- “ The staff here are just amazing. I came in late (1:30 am) and they were super friendly, quick registration, and right up to my cell I went. The history here is awesome as well, and the haunted tour is definitely worth taking ”
- 30 Dec 2015 Stephanie
- “ Good and confortable stay! Very quiet. ”
- 24 Dec 2015 YAPING China