HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Bathrooms and showers were filthy. Also not secure at all. They might put some fans up on each floor--the humidity was sweltering. It was suffocating. I couldn't stand it. I booked a "single with shared bathroom" thinking I was booking one of the larger singles and that it shared a bathroom with one other room--but I guess I actually booked the extremely claustrophobic authentic cell. Which shares a bathroom with the entire floor. That was disappointing. Renaming of booking-types please. ”
- 07 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ An unique experience ”
- 08 Jun 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ I stayed here with my sis during Ottawa Race Weekend and loved how it was so close to the event. The staff were very friendly and helpful. However, beforehand it took several email exchanges before staff emailed the correct cost/breakdown (staff who responded in between didn't answer my questions or realize their calculation was incorrect). You might need earplugs depending on your room (loud music was blaring at night and it was too hot to close the window). Otherwise, a great value. :) ”
- 24 May 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ The hostel manager needs to be on top of repairs, including broken toilets and locks, and decide if this is to be abhostel or theme park. They bring tours thru the jail most evenings so if you enjoy a lot of screaming kids until 11pm, its fine. Overpriced for very little service, little available amenities, and crappy front desk staff. However, close to all you want to see in Ottawa. ”
- 11 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Very particular, you cannot forget sleeping in a jail. Breakfast included in the price was very well. ”
- 01 May 2014 Anonymous Italy
- “ I payed a high price and I did not have a wifi in my room and the breakfast was not good like was said in the website. ”
- 28 Apr 2014 Priscila Brazil