HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Wonderful. One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. Sleep in a jail is so funny. :) ”
- 02 Sep 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Overall great experience. Only complain is that nobody warned us about how much noise carries. I imagine other people had the same experience and because of this my roommate and I noticed that many people do not seem conscious of how far and loud their conversations travel. Parking was great and cheap, easy walk to everything, and for how old the building is the facilities and halls and rooms were surprisingly clean. Wifi was also far more reliable than I'm used to finding. ”
- 28 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ really nice clean bathroom and showers, best I've seen in the hostels so far. the building is definitely haunted though, my daughter was afraid for the spirits presence. I thought it was great, however. really great location. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Olga Russia
- “ wish the ATM was working or that the in hostel pub accepted USD :( ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Neha India
- “ That was a very interesting experience.I had a single cell ( tiny) for 5 days and honestly ,unless you are claustrophobic you will have no problem.Small room gets you to spend more time in the common areas and meet a lot of intresting people.I had a great time. It is former jail so I don't understand what people that complain were expecting. The only warning- they have concerts few times a week and it is VERY LOUD,make sure to have your earplugs with you Love the location. ”
- 12 Jul 2014 Bozena Canada
- “ Bathrooms and showers were filthy. Also not secure at all. They might put some fans up on each floor--the humidity was sweltering. It was suffocating. I couldn't stand it. I booked a "single with shared bathroom" thinking I was booking one of the larger singles and that it shared a bathroom with one other room--but I guess I actually booked the extremely claustrophobic authentic cell. Which shares a bathroom with the entire floor. That was disappointing. Renaming of booking-types please. ”
- 07 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA