HI-Ottawa Jail Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Everything about the hostel is amazing. The rooms are nice and cool, you get a free jail tour. Breakfast is tasty etc. The only thing I didn't like is that they had music on past 12 within the hostel and it was so loud. Anyone wanting to sleep would have struggled. Apart from that it was great and I would stay there again. ”
- 11 Oct 2014 Mike England
- “ Booked myself into a single cell and had a good laugh when I saw the size of where I'd be sleeping for the next 4 nights. Yes, the noise of the people banging doors and being inconsiderate was frustrating, as was the fact there were only 2 showers for women in the whole building, but this is a hostel, you have to deal with inconveniences and it was a fun experience! Everyone who saw photos of my 'room' immediately responded with, 'Cool!' The staff I met were awesome - I recommend the pub crawl! ”
- 10 Oct 2014 Deborah Scotland
- “ Good location and cool experience staying in a jail. Bathroom situation is annoying though. ”
- 22 Sep 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Wonderful. One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. Sleep in a jail is so funny. :) ”
- 02 Sep 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Overall great experience. Only complain is that nobody warned us about how much noise carries. I imagine other people had the same experience and because of this my roommate and I noticed that many people do not seem conscious of how far and loud their conversations travel. Parking was great and cheap, easy walk to everything, and for how old the building is the facilities and halls and rooms were surprisingly clean. Wifi was also far more reliable than I'm used to finding. ”
- 28 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ really nice clean bathroom and showers, best I've seen in the hostels so far. the building is definitely haunted though, my daughter was afraid for the spirits presence. I thought it was great, however. really great location. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Olga Russia