HI-San Francisco Downtown (Union Square)
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Very good all round. Friendly staff who were able to answer my questions and the group activities were very fun. Only complaint was that the wifi signal was weak in the rooms. ”
- 03 Jan 2013 Vince Australia
- “ It's clean, and the ppl are nice there, good hostel! ”
- 28 Dec 2012 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ It was very excellent!!!! ”
- 26 Dec 2012 YOUNGRAN South Korea
- “ Excellent hostel, however while the location is central it is also one of the noisiest streets downtown, we had an average sleep of 2-3 hours per night. We were moved to a 'quieter' room by friendly staff, however there is not much more they can do when you're still on the main street near clubs and pubs. Therefore I wouldn't stay here again. ”
- 26 Dec 2012 Anonymous
- “ I really liked my stay in this hostel. The staff was very helpful, the atmosphere was very friendly and I loved the location. The hostel is in the center of the city for a reasonable price. I am going to recommend this hostel to my friends who are planing to visit SF. ”
- 20 Dec 2012 Gulshan Azerbaijan
- “ The bedroom situation was horrible. They squeezed two reg size bunkbeds in the tiny room for max 2 people normally. I was very surprised at HI for such a dirty trick. I was very, very unhappy about the bunkbeds. Ice cold water for showers in the am and no sinks outside of room. This stunk!! I have never been so dissatisfied with the accomodations in any other HI and even before here at the Union Sq HI, SF. Sorry HI. Alana W. ”
- 20 Dec 2012 Alana USA