Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ When booking, there is no mention that taxes are not included, and that the quoted rate is for Hostelling International members (otherwise costs 10% more). In fact, there is no mention of this until AFTER booking. I was very surprised (and angry) when I learned that I actually had to pay around $75 more at time of arrival for 4 nights in a private room than the price I was quoted (and agreed to) at booking! ”
Thank you for your comments. Our advertised rates are for HI members, and we do include this information in our hostel description and in the Must-Read Hostel Info section. We have entered the info in every spot that Hostels.com/Hostelworld allows us to. I have forwarded your comments to them to let them know that you felt this information could be highlighted better, & I'm hoping they will cooperate and allow us to include this info in a better way! Keith, Manager
- 24 Sep 2015 Sean USA
- “ The physical layout of the hostel is pretty similar to that of a hotel, so it feels a bit antisocial sometimes. But the staff were super friendly and I made great friends during my stay. The location is amazing-- walking distance to lots of cool spots in downtown vancouver. ”
- 18 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel is pretty nice and cozy, the beds are good and the bathroom is clean. The only thing is that the activities are not very well shared, there was a board on the reception, and that's it. But the place is really good and the location is even better, in the heart of downtown. Recomended. ”
- 01 Sep 2015 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Excellent location, right in downtown and close to many beautiful scenic spots. ”
- 25 Aug 2015 Anonymous China
- “ A great central Downtown location with friendly staff who were happy to offer advice and recommendations of things to do and places to visit. I felt safe in my room and my belongings were fine in the locker (bring your own lock.) Excellent value for money with clean facilities that are often checked. Breakfast was great too, met loads of friendly people. Thanks! ”
- 13 Aug 2015 Anonymous England