Hacienda del Sol
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Loved it! ”
- 24 Nov 2013 Jordan USA
- “ I have been traveling and working for 7 years all around the world and this Hostel is like no other i've been in. Most Hostels i've been in have been croweded and dirty. This felt like I was a guest in an amazing house with a big screan tv and amazing pool. Plus getting things for free that you NEVER get in a Hostel like free bikes and washing machine. I only booked 4 days but had to stay longer, If I didnt have to go i'd still be there. ”
- 04 Nov 2013 Mat New Zealand
- “ Manuela, the manager at the moment(October 2013) is NOT a Latino , as the name may indicate. Good Points : Large building in good condition, a swimming pool, large backyard for resting, good internet wi-fi service,TV viewing room, availabiliity of computer if travelling without a portable computer, local restaurants in the vicinity as well as a secure ATM machine . Not pleasant features : Distance of 5-10 minutes away from town centre by car or bus, heavy use of bathroom by more than 6 peopl ”
- 16 Oct 2013 Anonymous Canada
- “ This is probably the best hostel I have ever stayed at, the double room was huge and very clean. The outside area with bar and pool was superb and a great place to meet people. The location is out of town a bit so ideal for us as all local bars, restaurants were really cheap and just a short cycle ride or bus into centre (we walked it a few times). Manuela (the host) was incredibly helpful in anything we wanted to do, going out of her way to ensure we had a good time. Highly recommend. ”
- 10 Oct 2013 richard England
- “ There is this Hostel called: “Hacienda del Sol”. Do not miss the unique experience of staying in this serene and tranquil “Home away from Home Hostel”. Beautiful pool for swimming on hot days and surrounded by swaying palms, lush greenery is perfect to purge away the concerns of everyday life. Experience the transformation savoring the true ecstasy of this new adventure in travel. Excellent cleanliness, cheap price, secure lockers, wifi,, and weekly barbecues. I give this hostel a 100% rating! ”
- 09 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ A really nice and clean hostel with pool and a collection of movies. The person who runs the hostel will help you with anything you need. The location is a bit off center, which means the food and groceries you buy close to the hostel are cheaper than Playa average! :) You can take a collectivo or borrow a bike from the hostel to go to the beach, it won't take you more than 10 minutes. There is a sports center with running track and also a gym within a walking distance. ”
- 17 Jun 2013 Anonymous Finland