Haikou Banana International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ When I first checked in, there were people playing beer pong in the room right behind the front desk. ”
- 27 Apr 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ This place is suitable for short stays only. Not a particularly good hostel, but it is a good launching point as you move onto other places on Hainan Island. ”
- 28 Jan 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Got a 8 bed dorm instead of 6. Not a big deal, but even 2 more people make it a bit louder. The room I was in was super loud- street and roommates. The person who checked me in said that they don't use hostels.com which is odd, since it's the only place I book my hostels through. So... they wanted to charge me extra (since they didn't say I paid the 10% down payment). However, after explaining it to them, they were ok with it. ”
- 23 Jan 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The whole staff is friendly, hard working and very much helpful. We specially liked the location because of the local fruit market, night food market and local eateries in the vicinity. ”
- 27 Mar 2012 Anonymous
- “ The place seemed a bit organized - with reservations, directions, deposit, etc. It was hard getting clear directions and help. Thankfully, there was a manager (?) that was a native English speaker - not sure of his name or where he was from, but he was a big help. If hadn't had been there, I would give a poorer rating. ”
- 18 Jan 2012 Leslie