Haka Lodge Queenstown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Was super excited to stay (first time) at Haka Lodge, but was really disappointed with the tiny room size! Warning- there is little space for a suitcase in a 6 bed dorm. For this reason, I did feel it was not value for money (have stayed in 8 bed dorms with more space!). However the beds were comfortable, facilities were clean and the atmosphere was fantastic. Met so many lovely people (kitchen is the best place to hangout), enjoyed the free tea/coffee and was only a 5 minute walk from town. ”
- 05 Jun 2016 Anonymous England
“ Staff super friendly. Nice curtains around each bed for a little privacy. Large lockers under bed but you need your own lock. Rooms a little small but it's Queenstown so you don't need to be hanging out in the room. ”
Thanks for your comments. Space is limited in some of the rooms, hopefully people make full use of the large drawers underneath the comfy beds, and like you say, it's Queenstown - get out there! :)
- 08 Jan 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Good security with safety boxes under the beds, but the boxes are quite heavy so when you pull them about the people in the bottom bunks can be disturbed. Every bunk had its own bed lamp and electricity socket which was very comfortable. Friendly staff, good kitchen, good unlimited wifi. NOT a party hostel which we thought was nice since we had stayed a few nights at a party hostel nearby. ”
- 25 Aug 2015 amanda Sweden