Happy Gecko Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good location and a nice, large room (twin private). There was no individual airconditioning, it had to be managed from the reception. Staff was friendly but the bar upstairs (and the people at the lounge) made lots of noise. The bar didnt close until 2 or 3 am and made it impossible to sleep before that. May be a nice place if you are into drinking and wild partying all night long - as lots of tourists in Playa del Carmen are. ”
- 06 Jan 2014 Ilona Finland
- “ Went for New Year's so understandably it was busy, however the lack of cleanliness was unacceptable. Staff were either rude or disinterested and internet was only accessible in a small communal area and very weak. ”
- 30 Dec 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ The people working in the reception played music and talked in the reception area untill 4-5 in the morning, that along with thin walls, which made us decide to leave early. ”
- 14 Jan 2013 Anonymous Norway