Happy Gecko Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good location and a nice, large room (twin private). There was no individual airconditioning, it had to be managed from the reception. Staff was friendly but the bar upstairs (and the people at the lounge) made lots of noise. The bar didnt close until 2 or 3 am and made it impossible to sleep before that. May be a nice place if you are into drinking and wild partying all night long - as lots of tourists in Playa del Carmen are. ”
- 06 Jan 2014 Ilona Finland
- “ The people working in the reception played music and talked in the reception area untill 4-5 in the morning, that along with thin walls, which made us decide to leave early. ”
- 14 Jan 2013 Anonymous Norway
- “ We were three girls spending our Sping Break in Mexico and stayed at Happy Gecko! The stuff were great, and always a pleasure to meet. They could answer any question we had about where to go in Playa del Carmen area. We had a room with our own bathroom and kitchen, which was very nice. The room was cleaned every day, but wish we could get new towels daily though. ”
- 30 Mar 2012 Ingrid