Happy Gecko Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The people working in the reception played music and talked in the reception area untill 4-5 in the morning, that along with thin walls, which made us decide to leave early. ”
- 14 Jan 2013 Anonymous Norway
- “ We were three girls spending our Sping Break in Mexico and stayed at Happy Gecko! The stuff were great, and always a pleasure to meet. They could answer any question we had about where to go in Playa del Carmen area. We had a room with our own bathroom and kitchen, which was very nice. The room was cleaned every day, but wish we could get new towels daily though. ”
- 30 Mar 2012 Ingrid
- “ The best hostel I ever been to. They have a bar with fernet, jagger and a lot of drinks. I could even make an asado!! Lo recomiendo totalmente!! El mejor hostel que he conocido. tienen una barra con fernet, jagger y muchos tragos. Hasta pude hacer un asado!! Lo recomiendo totalmente!! ”
- 24 Mar 2012 Alejandro
- “ enjoyed staying there for four nights. happy hour at the rooftop at night was great. nice staff. kitchen was convenient. very unfortunate that there was a terribly huge road construction right in front. was so hard to walk on the street with the suitcase. ”
- 21 Mar 2012 Anonymous Japan
- “ La localización es excelente. Si buscan conocer gente y estar de fiesta es muy bueno, pero si lo que quieren es descansar no es recomendable, ya que la fiesta suele durar hasta entrada la madrugada. ”
- 18 Feb 2012 Tamara Anahí