Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Not a bad place for the price and subway very close to get into all centre of Manhattan. However, toilets & shower facilities were poor along with the common area. Staff friendly and wonderful. My opinion - go to a hotel if you have a few more dollars to spare. ”
- 18 Jun 2014 Padraic Ireland
- “ i liked it. nice staff, great location. very near to the subway. it's recommended! ”
- 10 May 2014 Matthias Germany
- “ A totally disaster ”
- 29 Dec 2013 shitian China
- “ Located right in the heart of Harlem which is good for a tourist. Pretty pricey for what you get but that's New York. I did like that you could use all the YMCA facilities as guest, such as, the gym, swimming pool, tv lounge, etc. Wifi does not work in the rooms like they say. ”
- 26 Dec 2013 Helen USA
- “ Prior to this stay at the YMCA I spent two nights here in June. Upon both occasions I was greatly impressed by the kindness and helpfulness of the staff. This visit, however, I had trouble sleeping due to loud talking, laughter, and shouting that echoed throughout the hall. That was not my experience during my summer experience. Should I have to come back to do research at the Schomberg, I will not hesitate to book a room at the YMCA. ”
- 18 Dec 2013 Melvin USA
- “ I originally booked a single room but I was given a room with bunk beds. I asked if it was the same price and the guy at the for desk said yes. The rooms were very old but average and clean. The showers were so so. The place did offer wifi. It was also in a great location near Harlem. You also get a breakfast coupon at a nearby Soul Food restaurant. If you need a cheap place to stay in Manhattan it's okay. ”
- 29 Nov 2013 Anonymous USA