Hatters on Newton Street
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We went there with a group of 6 people and stayed in the 18 bed dorm. It was quite cold in there and the windows were quite thin. Didn't look like we expected, the photos on the website were probably taken a while ago since everything seemed used and rather old. However the staff were always friendly and helpful, and the location was excellent! ”
- 13 Nov 2015 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Worst experience in a hostel, despite the friendly and very helpful staffs. I travel with my friend, and this is her first time stay in a hostel. It is sad that Hatters leaves her the impression that all hostels are dirty like this one! ”
- 26 Oct 2015 Anonymous China
- “ I was there on a weekend night and the night of a big Man-U match so it was really crowded and noisy till late at night. The walls are thin, it seems, and we could hear traffic all night long. Great if you're into socialising but not-so-great for a popular night if you're up for some peace and quiet. The location is excellent though, just 10-min walk from Manchester Picadilly station! ”
- 03 Oct 2015 Anonymous Singapore
- “ Friendly staff who organised some free activities for the travelers to share, great location and one of the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Great breakfast as well. ”
- 16 Aug 2015 Anonymous France
- “ All in all, a great place to stay. ”
- 08 Jul 2015 Felix
- “ This hostel was great for what it is, a hostel. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm. They put new sheets on the bed but the floor was dirty. Bathroom was fine, showers are basic. Security was poor. I was harassed on the street and then an hour later the same guy found me in the TV room. The guy wasn't staying in the hostel. Nothing bad happened and I just told him to leave, but it just shows you that they don't check who is staying in the hostel. ”
- 05 Jul 2015 Anonymous Australia