Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Do not stay here! No internet in rooms for 48hrs, bikes broken, travel guide is as friendly as a piece of cardboard told me to 'rent a bike' when I enquired about a half day tour. The worst is they have volunteer college students who want to practice their English, no money, no pay. Owner is a penny pinching tight wad. Brakes on bike failed and almost got run over. When I asked to change bikes, I had to pay 5RMB more. If you stay here you support slave labour of university students in China. ”
- 30 Jul 2013 Dr. Simon Cichello Australia
- “ Highly recommended by a friend who stayed there previously, this hostel exceeded our expectations. Great staff, organization and atmosphere. Terrific services - tours, car pick up from airport. Lovely surroundings with plenty of places outside and inside to relax in. Fantastic food - loved the porridge and muesli after being in Western China for 2 weeks. We really only visited Chengdu to stay at this hostel, hope to return again to stay and visit many things left to see. Great base to tour from. ”
- 08 Jul 2013 Beverley Australia
- “ I definitely recommend. It's a little far from the town center, but getting cabs and buses was really, really easy. It's also close to the train station. The staff was great--the organized a wonderful tour to the panda base. The bar/restaurant was great, and the beds were comfortable. It's a great place to hang out in the common area! ”
- 09 Feb 2013 Emily USA
- “ A perfect stay! Clean rooms, nice staff treating you like a family member, very good and cheap food and the facilities leaves nothing to be desired. Only for the hostel (and Sim's recommendations) a trip to Chengdu would be worth it! ”
- 08 Feb 2013 Florian Germany
- “ Very good Hostel! Location is so-so, it takes a bit to get to the sights/party locations from there. Nonetheless: very cozy backyard garden + Bar and Restaurant. Staff is friendly, speaks very good English and can organize a lot of things from train/plane tickets to pick up service to the airport. Rooms are very cozy and clean too. A lot of day tours are offered to reasonable prices. We had no complaints, everything went smoothly. + there is an elevator (for those with heavy luggage) ”
- 25 Sep 2012 Andreas