High Street Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed in this hostel several times three years ago and it is still as good in 2014. Awsome atmosphere, great rooms and located right next to the royal mile in the city center. Really affordable and great if you want to meet people and party as the clubs are right down the street (the hostel is quiet though). If there's an hostel in Edinburgh that I'd recommand it is this one. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 sara France
- “ Every thinks are fine. Only one thing, when I was in the long termers room, they didnt repect to other guests. I think they were also working at the hostel. I was just normal guest. Anyway, except that problem, Every things were really nice. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Quite big hostel with space for own bicycles. The street is somehow noisy till late so some of the 10 bedded rooms may result not quite silent, but well, if you are tired this will not be a problem. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Anonymous Italy
- “ My blankets and pillows smelled like pee. The cleaning ladies came in the next morning to change sheets all except for mine. Common room smelled like bad body odor and not very well ventilated. Great location though. ”
- 07 Jun 2014 Alexandra USA
- “ Very friendly staff, excellent location (steps from Royal Mile!), and fun atmosphere. The only complaint is the size of the bathrooms. The ONLY place to change clothes if you are a female staying in a mixed dorm is INSIDE the tiny shower (the bathrooms are mixed, too). This can be pretty tricky and wet! But this hostel has so much going for it. They even rent out tablets! I have never heard of such a thing! I would definitely stay there again. ”
- 21 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel's main perk is the location. It is right off the royal mile so super central to everything you might want to do in the city. The beds, security, and cleanliness was on par to any other hostel I've been to. Some of the staff were really nice and helpful and a couple seemed annoyed when you asked questions. The atmosphere wasn't as lively as some of the other hostels but if you are just looking for cheap accommodations it's perfect. ”
- 30 Dec 2013 Allison USA