High Street Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The website made it seem a bit cooler. We never found the suit of armor wearing a kilt! ”
- 17 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Hostel was in a great location. Linens and bathrooms were clean. Definitely recommend. ”
- 10 Jun 2015 Sadie USA
- “ I really liked High Street Hostel. It's located right of the Royal Mile which is nice. The staff was really friendly and the place was clean and there was always hot water. We stayed in a double room on the 7th floor. The rooms were smaller than I expected and it was kind of hard to get on the top bunk without a railing to hold onto (maybe it's cause I'm short). I would definitely recommend this hostel. ”
- 26 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I love this hostel! This says it all. The location is awesome and the staff is very helpful. I stayed in 4-bed dorm an it's a bit small for me. The kitchen and dining area is spacious and it's a good to save money by cooking and sharing with friends. They also have free pub crawl every Thursday. Good memory! ”
- 20 Apr 2015 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ Great atmosphere, perfect location, very friendly staff members, the room and mutual areas were very clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend it to friends and people I know! ”
- 09 Mar 2015 Anonymous Italy
- “ Excellent staff. Great location. Thanks for the help with busses and trains. This hostel is a busy one righ within the old city but in a quiet street so you can get sleep. Rooms get quite full even in offseason as Edinburgh is a great place. There's a bar/lounge/cafeteria on the bottom floor and the lobby is quite busy most of the time. 24 hour staff are pretty nice and definitely can help you out. Bathrooms and showers are clean and well maintained. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Nilo USA