High Street Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great atmosphere, perfect location, very friendly staff members, the room and mutual areas were very clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend it to friends and people I know! ”
- 09 Mar 2015 Anonymous Italy
- “ Excellent staff. Great location. Thanks for the help with busses and trains. This hostel is a busy one righ within the old city but in a quiet street so you can get sleep. Rooms get quite full even in offseason as Edinburgh is a great place. There's a bar/lounge/cafeteria on the bottom floor and the lobby is quite busy most of the time. 24 hour staff are pretty nice and definitely can help you out. Bathrooms and showers are clean and well maintained. ”
- 14 Feb 2015 Nilo USA
- “ Very good. ”
- 06 Jan 2015 Jose Carlos Brazil
- “ Loved this hostel - right on the Royal Mile! Could not ask for better location. The rooms were nice and the staff cleaned and prepared the beds excellently every day. The kitchen was very big and was easy to use with many facilities available. Only downside was the paid-for breakfast and the cleaning hours, which meant the kitchen was unavailable between 7am to 12:30pm. Highly recommend and will look to staying here again if ever in the amazing city if Edinburgh. 24 hour reception is helpful too ”
- 14 Oct 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Very friendly personal, informative and attentive. As a suggestion, I'd recommend to let people connect laptops by ethernet cable, as my laptop didn't have an operative wi-fi card and I couldn't connect to the Internet. ”
- 08 Oct 2014 VICTOR Spain
- “ Great place to stay. Staff super friendly. Great facility. No complaints. ”
- 27 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA