Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Definitely a great place to meet people. The hostel is way beyond my expectations. Only tthing that can be improved is the water pressure for the toilets. Besides that everything was almost perfect. I would like to highlight on the cafeteria staff John. He is awesome. He made our morning more alive. He deserve a recognition or reward from the hostel. Good job John. You make us (hoteliers) so proud. ”
- 02 Apr 2015 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ This hostel is across the street from a Metro stop - very convenient for getting around the city. There are small stores and shops within walking distance and a large grocery store and restaurants only one Metro stop away. The staff are friendly and helpful and quickly address any issues that arise. There are no locks on the individual room doors but the front door has a security lock and there are lockers in the basement. I've stayed here twice and would stay here again! ”
- 01 Dec 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It's all around a pretty nice place, but the bedbug situation's kind of a problem. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ It takes a while to get there from the city center but way is quite easy. Hilltop Hostel is located in an old house with garden and a porch - very nice place to chill during evenings or lazy mornings. Place could be more renovated and clean but atmosphere of real backpackers' place repay for inconvenience. Unfortunately I have to say that our food from the kitchen was permanently stolen - even if signed. ”
- 17 Aug 2014 Zuzanna Poland
- “ Wouldn't recommend. This is due to the unfriendly/aggressive staff and the unfriendly atmosphere that this creates. AVIOD ”
- 21 Jun 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Awesome location and environment; excellent access to the metro. Friendly staff. Linens + towel included. There does not seem to be lockers but they allow bags on the bed. Open access around the clock but there's a door code for security. Bathrooms were very clean and functional. There seemed to be some music playing around the clock which didn't bother me-- I could hear the bass notes from the dorms upstairs. The metro fare to get out there is worthwhile. My hostel of choice when in DC. ”
- 31 May 2014 Anonymous USA