Hilo Backpacker's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The feeling you sleep in house where parents left for a vacation and children take care of it (considering the used-sheets "tower", the parents left a year ago). Total mess everywhere. Stayed because it was only possibility. We'd better pay more for anything else. Staff enjoyed time playing playstation & sleeping/snoring on couch. Can pay only by cash or paypal. Waited 2 days for invoice, then it came at 10 pm and at 8 am I was reminded they need the money urgently. The worst place on hawaii!!:[ ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Magdalena Czech Republic
- “ Ridiculously clean for a hostel! Might have been the first time I showered without my flip flops in a hostel! Other than that it was a backpackers hostel. Lots of people not from the area trying to find the scene. Great place to socialize and find travel buddies. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! ”
- 20 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I really liked Jared! He was really helpful on giving us advice on trips, local things etc. And the breakfast was great! Maybe the hygiene in the rooms could be a little bit better (dust) but all the rest was great! ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Hai Xia Belgium
- “ Breakfast included was good. Free shuttle from airport was good. However you need cash to pay the taxi driver and then the hostel deducts the money off your bill. Free snorkel equipment for use and gym equipment. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Troy New Zealand
- “ I hope to back soon! ”
- 26 Apr 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ I was very please with my stay,will definitely stay there again,Hilo Backpackers hostel is DA- Kine...the staff were very sweet and so helpful,both of them,I want to say much Mahalo's and Aloha. ”
- 02 Apr 2014 Kamila Guyana