Hilo Backpacker's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great place to stay, conveniently located, and reasonably priced! ”
- 19 Apr 2015 evelyn Canada
- “ The feeling you sleep in house where parents left for a vacation and children take care of it (considering the used-sheets "tower", the parents left a year ago). Total mess everywhere. Stayed because it was only possibility. We'd better pay more for anything else. Staff enjoyed time playing playstation & sleeping/snoring on couch. Can pay only by cash or paypal. Waited 2 days for invoice, then it came at 10 pm and at 8 am I was reminded they need the money urgently. The worst place on hawaii!!:[ ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Magdalena Czech Republic
- “ Ridiculously clean for a hostel! Might have been the first time I showered without my flip flops in a hostel! Other than that it was a backpackers hostel. Lots of people not from the area trying to find the scene. Great place to socialize and find travel buddies. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! ”
- 20 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ I really liked Jared! He was really helpful on giving us advice on trips, local things etc. And the breakfast was great! Maybe the hygiene in the rooms could be a little bit better (dust) but all the rest was great! ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Hai Xia Belgium