Hilo Backpacker's Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location if staying in Hilo. Hostel itself is huge. The first floor common areas are filled with old, broken and unused appliances and junk that nobody uses, it's very disorganized and messy. Small fridge is filled with old guest's stuff, so there's hardly any space to put your food. Mixed dorm was spacious and well-ventilated. Upstairs is nice. I saw they hire a cleaning service to clean the place regularly. You'll need a car to enjoy the island. ”
- 15 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Very nice hostel! A bit crawded, big dormitories and only 2 bathrooms.. But the common spaces are nice as well as the atmosphere. ”
- 27 Jun 2015 Anonymous France
- “ Great place to stay, conveniently located, and reasonably priced! ”
- 19 Apr 2015 evelyn Canada
- “ The feeling you sleep in house where parents left for a vacation and children take care of it (considering the used-sheets "tower", the parents left a year ago). Total mess everywhere. Stayed because it was only possibility. We'd better pay more for anything else. Staff enjoyed time playing playstation & sleeping/snoring on couch. Can pay only by cash or paypal. Waited 2 days for invoice, then it came at 10 pm and at 8 am I was reminded they need the money urgently. The worst place on hawaii!!:[ ”
- 23 Feb 2015 Magdalena Czech Republic
- “ Ridiculously clean for a hostel! Might have been the first time I showered without my flip flops in a hostel! Other than that it was a backpackers hostel. Lots of people not from the area trying to find the scene. Great place to socialize and find travel buddies. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! ”
- 20 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA