Hilo Bay Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel is on the center of city. They should clean rooms and young woman from reception is very rude! But hostel is ok for that price :) ”
- 31 Aug 2014 BERNADETA Poland
- “ Worst hostel ever. Room and location is good but staffs are really really horrible. Don't stay here if you want to spend good time in Hilo... ”
- 06 Jul 2014 Karen
- “ Left key deposit , office closed , hopefully they will mail deposit back . good place ”
- 25 Jan 2014 John USA
- “ Friendly and welcoming staff. If you like to meet new people and sit around and talk this is a good place for that. Limited space for privacy unless you reserve a private room. In the heart of the city. 5 minute walk from the farmer's market; delicious variety and great prices. 5 minute walk from a gym, and grocery store. There is no swimming beach nearby; the closest one is about an 1hr bus ride or a 20 minute car ride. Bus is a 5 minute walk and costs $2, they come infrequently so plan ahead. ”
- 11 Dec 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ Nice spot in the center of the town. The host was a bit angry because we arrived early to drop of our bags. The kitchen and showers were nicely clean. It however seemed like the place hosted some homeless people which annoyed some of the other guests that stayed in a dorm.. Not that it was a problem for us (stayed in a single) - just seemed a bit weird. Overall the stay can be recommended if you need a place to stay in hilo but make sure to book a room. ”
- 30 Sep 2013 Anonymous Denmark