Hilo Bay Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Terry is an amazing person! He has advice and wisdom for everything and anything on the island. The hostel is neat, rustic, and well maintained. Loved the experience and the environment. ”
- 26 Feb 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Downtown location close to everything (attractions, bars, coffee shops). Very intimate, chilled-out atmosphere in a historical building. But also very quiet, with a decidedly older clientele. They suggest you hit one of the many bars down the street to party because they seem to always be on quiet hours in the hostel (even the kitchen closes early). Overall quite nice though. Parking is available all around the neighbourhood. ”
- 21 Dec 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Very nice place to stay. The bathrooms were not very clean but in general I enjoyed my stay a lot. ”
- 17 Dec 2015 Clara Belgium
- “ Excellent location. Pity there are no computers available for travelers who don't have their own. ”
- 07 Sep 2015 Jean Ireland
- “ oOd nice house, comfy and spacey double room, clean restrooms and showers, available coffee and wifi in the room. The 10 dollar key deposit is annoying if you need to check out before 7 am. Bring your earplugs for the (slight) road noise and the coqui frogs, but well... that's like that everywhere, no? ”
- 17 Aug 2015 Flurin Switzerland
- “ I've passed amazing 3 nights there. Located in downtow Hilo, close to everything. Really enjoyed the experience ans I pretend stay there again. Mahalo! ✌🏼️&❤️ ”
- 05 Jun 2015 Larissa Brazil