Himeji Guest House Engakudou
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Engakudou was fantastic! Its a lovely house conveniently located and run by great people. Everything we could have asked for. Had a great time talking to our hosts as well as other hostel goers. Truly wonderful experience. ”
- 21 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice tradional house, close to the Castle and the staff is very friendly and helpful for everything. ”
- 26 May 2015 Anonymous France
- “ very nice staff, about 10 mins walk to the castle. ”
- 02 Nov 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ The staff are absolute pleasure to be around, it really felt like they where your friends and where very helpful offering tips and recommendation on what to do in the area. The building is an old Japanese house that has been renovated and has a quirky charm to it with a unique laid back feel. It really feels like your home while you are staying there. Highly recommend a great experience. ”
- 06 Oct 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Truly wonderful Japanese homestay!! Loved this place and even got to meet Santa!! Pity i had the snoring man in the dorm upstairs but this small house has everything and cool staff to chat to!! Good kitchen, free tea and coffee and nice hot shower outdoors. Loved the upstairs bedroom except the gorilla sleeping next to me!Great location and u feel like youre in a Japanese village!A short walk to the majestic castle! If you can visit the castle on sunday they are not renovating so no cranes etc! ”
- 20 Sep 2014 Anonymous England
- “ An excellent little family run place right near the castle. Hard to find a cozy cheap place Japan. A bit hard to find however. ”
- 05 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA