Himeji Guest House Engakudou
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The building is amazing if you love old Japanese homes. It is a very traditional building including hard to manage steep staircases. Just a gorgeous home. The shower is an add on outside but is a good size and also fits the ambiance of the hostel. The staff is very friendly, but sometimes give poor directions. Like mapquest, they get you most of the way there, and then the last step is wrong. The hostel is VERY close to Himeji castle and very traditional and beautiful. ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Jessica USA
- “ Very good value and excellent location (if you're wanting to see Himeji Castle and other nearby attractions). It is a bit of a trek from the train station but that really depends on the weather (I stayed in the middle of the summer heat) and how much stuff you have (a bookbag would be fine but add a wheeled carry on and it's a bit much:-). Hosts were very friendly and attentive and the house has a very lively atmosphere. AC in the summer would be nice but had a fan and otherwise worth the price. ”
- 18 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ We booked a private room and it was very spacious, cozy and quiet. We had a private toilet and a sink, which was outside. The shared bath/shower is in a horrible condition, though. Close to the Himeji castle but really far from the Himeji train station - take a bus no.8 =) internet only in the main building. ”
- 03 Aug 2013 Anonymous Poland