Himeji Guest House Engakudou
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Truly wonderful Japanese homestay!! Loved this place and even got to meet Santa!! Pity i had the snoring man in the dorm upstairs but this small house has everything and cool staff to chat to!! Good kitchen, free tea and coffee and nice hot shower outdoors. Loved the upstairs bedroom except the gorilla sleeping next to me!Great location and u feel like youre in a Japanese village!A short walk to the majestic castle! If you can visit the castle on sunday they are not renovating so no cranes etc! ”
- 20 Sep 2014 Anonymous England
- “ The building is amazing if you love old Japanese homes. It is a very traditional building including hard to manage steep staircases. Just a gorgeous home. The shower is an add on outside but is a good size and also fits the ambiance of the hostel. The staff is very friendly, but sometimes give poor directions. Like mapquest, they get you most of the way there, and then the last step is wrong. The hostel is VERY close to Himeji castle and very traditional and beautiful. ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Jessica USA
- “ Very good value and excellent location (if you're wanting to see Himeji Castle and other nearby attractions). It is a bit of a trek from the train station but that really depends on the weather (I stayed in the middle of the summer heat) and how much stuff you have (a bookbag would be fine but add a wheeled carry on and it's a bit much:-). Hosts were very friendly and attentive and the house has a very lively atmosphere. AC in the summer would be nice but had a fan and otherwise worth the price. ”
- 18 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA