Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Everything was ok. It was a place to stay which is what we wanted. ”
- 12 Jul 2014 Johnathan Canada
- “ Overall the hostel is very good. The beds and bed linens are comfy. Though, it seems like they don't really have a great system for new people arriving, originally I was going to stay in a room with 16 beds mixed room, but when I got there it was full so I got upgraded to a 12 bed all girls room. This happend to three other girls in my room as well. It was good that I got upgraded, but it tells a lot about the structure of the company. Otherwise I would really recommend this hostel! ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Anonymous Sweden
- “ Really a great place to stay, the owner is this charming older man, very welcoming atmosphere. ”
- 06 Jul 2014 David Ireland
- “ This hostel was beyond what I could hope for. My friend and I enjoyed being here in this hostel more than anywhere else we travelled in Europe. If you want to stay in Iceland, look no further than Hlemmur Square. The hostel was modern, yet cozy. The lounges look even nicer than the photographs. The rooms were quiet. All of the staff was happy to direct me to things to do at any hour of the day. I absolutely loved it! Best experience i've ever had. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Hlemmur Square is a was my first experience staying in a hostel. I must admit that I have been extremely spoiled by my stay here! The owner is a very nice man who will give you a personal recommendation if he is in while you are booking your tour. Some of the staff will be more willing to assist you in your inquiries than others but for the most part they are quite helpful. The rooms are very clean and the hostel has a wonderful quaint vibe. I will absolutely stay here again!!! ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Andrea USA
- “ Everything was very clean. Hostel is almost finished with a remodel (lobby area was the only thing still being worked on). Rooms were very comfortable, spacious, and clean. Only problem was a booking error that was easily fixed. The front desk attendant even helped my friend and I move our luggage to the appropriate room! The hostel is very close to the downtown area and right next to the bus stop so there's easy access to everything. ”
- 07 Sep 2013 Anonymous USA