Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was the first time for us to travel in Liverpool city. The city is an excellent place for shopping. Hoax is a good hostel for its location, facilities but the staff there are not so kind. There is only one of them is very nice guy to support us a lot for the first night as we got there so early. And the next day, we can't stand one of the staff's attitude. She was very bad. When we wanna check in our room wasn't cleaned but the reception didn't know that at all, which annoyed us a lot. ”
- 23 Feb 2014 Anonymous China
- “ Recommended highly to everyone. I could not fault the Hoax in any way. Thanks a million :) ”
- 22 Nov 2013 Liam Ireland
- “ Fantastic stay, good breakfast, good beds. If I go back again I would definitely stay here again. ”
- 13 Nov 2013 Eveline Netherlands
- “ The place is very good. It is just in the city centre. But a little bit noisy because there are some pubs and clubs near here. I think they need some facilities that prevent customers from making a nosy. ”
- 27 Oct 2013 Anonymous South Korea
- “ Good location with clean rooms in a brand new hostel. Dorms are ensuite as well. Only negative was the slight damp/mold smell in the downstairs rooms. ”
- 17 Oct 2013 Christian Canada
- “ Wonderful location, very nice staff, good value and almost everything good. The only dowside is regarding my room, which was one with a lot of beds (10 or 12, I dont really remember), which was located downstairs. It barely had a window, so when I arrived the smell was OK, but on the second day with the crowded room and the sexually active guests, the smell was horrible! Need to put a ventilation system down there. And a trash bin. ”
- 21 Aug 2013 Anonymous Brazil