Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was extremely cold when we arrived, 3 degrees only! The air conditioner doesn't heat. I got cold, husband simply went to bed with all the clothes on! After first night, I insisted to check out, the manager guy said I paid 10% online which is to Hostel.com, not him. So our deposit HKD115 was not refund, for the first night, we paid HKD350+150=HKD500 for getting sick. We had other experience with hostel.com, they did count all our deposit as part of the room rate. ”
- 12 Feb 2014 Anonymous China
- “ Its an OK place for "male-only" back packers, but NOT at all recommended if you have a female accompanying you. The building is really shady and we did have some real bad experiences while waiting for the the lift in the lift lobby, ground floor. We witnessed some guys verbally harassing a girl, selling drugs etc. But if you are backpacking, its value for money. ”
- 31 Jan 2014 Apoorv India
- “ No windows. Internet a bit unstable. Tiny tiny room without a chair. However, it is very clean. Chung King Mansions is a strange place with lots of small shops and many Indians who want you to book a room in another hostel. Parts of the building look like something from Gotham City. ”
- 20 Jan 2014 Thomas Harboell Denmark
- “ Looks much shadier than it is! Everyone is completely harmless. Sure, a lot of Africans outside want to sell you hashish, but you just ignore them. Room was cleaned daily. Not a dime was stolen from my baggage after 4 nights. Only grieves are a rather slow elevator (16 floors, 2 elevators, 10 persons each round) and a leaky bathroom sink. ”
- 20 Jan 2014 Johannes Denmark
- “ The Internet connectivity could be better! ”
- 15 Dec 2013 Santiago David Canada
- “ Great experience at Hollywood Guesthouse... Very clean from floor to ceiling unlike other Guesthouse that I've been to at the same building. Nice staff English not a problem. If you want to go to spend the night and during the day on the street a great place to be. Highly recommended for sure will be back. ”
- 15 Nov 2013 Anonymous Brazil