Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really liked this place, a great insight into traditional Japan. The staff were great. Next time I would choose a property that was close to the JR line so it was easy to sight see using a jr rail pass. It wasn't super easy finding the property because the street names were written in Japanese characters and we were given names in English lettering. We worked it out after a bit. Would be a lot easier if you weren't dealing with big bags. ”
- 24 Jun 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Homeikan had an incredibly traditional ryokan feel to the place which made staying there such a delight. The rooms are spacious and the overall experience is definitely worth it's price. But the deal breaker is perhaps the friendly and amazingly helpful staff who take great interest in each guest's unique stay, experience and lives. ”
- 20 May 2014 Anonymous Singapore
- “ The host was really really a lovely person. The service was FANTASTIC. ”
- 19 May 2014 Anonymous Mexico
- “ I staid here because I wanted something affordable and convenient to the Judo Kodokan HQ dojo and the Shotokan Karate HQ Dojo. This was both. And it was very fun traditional Japanese experience. I stayed here 10 days. If I return to Tokyo, I wouldnt hesitate to stay here again. ”
- 29 Apr 2014 Jonathan USA
- “ Such a beautiful hostel. My friends and I enjoyed our stay in this traditional house. Would it be classed as a ryokan perhaps? The atmosphere is beautiful and it completed our Japan experience. Sleeping on futons, hot baths, yukatas to wear indoors and very very kind and polite staff. ”
- 23 Apr 2014 Anonymous Wales
- “ Very nice place, and I am always happy to go back there again whenever I end up in Tokyo. ”
- 06 Aug 2013 Anonymous France