Hong Kong Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I probably wouldn't stay here again - it was the dirtiest of seven different hostels I stayed at in China and the most expensive as well. The security is pretty good, as is the location, but I did not have a particularly pleasant experience. Many of the dorms are in an entirely different building from reception, which makes mingling with other guests and getting help from staff a bit difficult. My room had ants and the bathrooms were extremely cramped and not ideal for sharing with others. ”
- 14 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ not impressed, a little grossed out even. Rooms, bathrooms and hallways are filthy-- I even saw a rat running around (they don't keep the cat around just for fun!). The common area is pretty social, compared to other places, but the filth factor really made me eager to get out. Yesinn@ Causeway Bay is a much, much better bet. ”
- 24 Jul 2014 Wylie USA
- “ For Hong Kong standards, this hostel is great. This is my second time to stay in this hostel. I came back because of the location -- Causeway Bay! This is one of the best value hostels in Hong Kong (price for the location). This location is very near to market/grocery store, cinema, malls, coffee shops, restaurant, MTR/metro/subway station, tram station -- it's just convenient. The only thing I wish they could improve on is the WiFi/wireless internet which sometimes doesn't work. ”
- 09 Jan 2014 Anonymous Philippines
- “ no heater in the room! when i was in HK, the weather was chilly at night with loads of wind. having no heater in the room was just aweful; couldnt sleep well. and the bed creeks everytime you move ”
- 20 Dec 2013 Min Jung South Korea
- “ I went to probably the oldest appartment of the Hotel (the hostel rooms are located in appartments dispatched in a few buildings around the reception) and the room in itself was quite soso. The bed "head" was damaged and it was fixed... with newspapers! It looked really bad. BUT that said, the location is awesome, the place is very safe so it's still a good place to stay in if you are on a low budget. ”
- 13 Dec 2013 Anonymous France