Hong Kong Star Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ By far the worst Hostel imaginable. Don't get crazy about the low price, this Hostel is not worth paying anything at all. The beds were broken and often occupied, everything full of insects, no lockers or ways to ensure your belongings were safe. the area might be very close to many of the attractions and sightseeing spots, but its also in the infamous Chunking Mansions, truth be told the ghetto of Kowloon. ”
- 13 Aug 2013 Fabian Germany
- “ I would avoid any business that is in the ChungKing Mansion. It is a filthy building surrounded by creepy hawkers. It's not worth saving a couple bucks. As for the staff - you're required to pay upfront and don't get a refund if you leave early. Most hostels do not run that way. Their dorm had beds side by side, such that you'd be sleeping basically in the same bed as a total stranger. And on top of it, the entire building stunk - the rooms even worse. ”
- 02 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ There are only two reasons to stay here: it's right on the tip of Kowloon and it's cheap. Otherwise, it's very sketchy, dirty and the owners won't let you have your things from the safe early in the morning. ”
- 04 Feb 2013 Anonymous Norway
- “ I was disappointed at Hong Kong Star Hostel because when I booked my room reservation, I reserved an email from HOSTELHK that "Please pay the bill in cash when you check-in: HKD1080" but when we got there at the Hong Kong Star Hostel last Oct. 20, 2012 at around 3:00 am in the morning the man at the reception asked me to pay HKD1380 for my check-in balance I was surprised but the man insist us to pay that amount. ”
- 19 Oct 2012 Jocelyn