Honu'ea International Hostel Kauai
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Good location for basic accomodation. Security was minimal - no locking entry gate to property and no locks on dorm doors. Stayed 4 nights and did not see evidence of any cleaning in rooms or baths except emptying the trash - disappointing with so many people using the shower, etc. ”
Mahalo for taking the time to leave a review. It is true as a hostel we have no maid service. However, we do clean once a day with bleach all showers toilets and sweep/mop all floors. If you are returning late, I can see you might not think we have cleaned if other guests do not clean up after themselves. We do not need security, as we are a small island where people still hitchhike. Hope your future travels are more to your expectations. Aloha!
- 12 Dec 2014 John USA
- “ Great hostel! Loved the staff--everyone was super friendly. Would definitely reccomend this place. Only complaint is I wish the quiet hours didn't start at 10pm/ there was a place in the hostel where the guests could still hang out at night. ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Omar Pakistan
- “ Staff were very helpful with local information. Great location! ”
- 03 Jun 2014 Tim USA
- “ Mahalo for everything....it was a great time again...I love the spirit at this place.....and the staff!!!! Look forward too come back soon. ”
- 17 May 2014 Imhof Switzerland
- “ The staff is nor so frindly. After 10pm you can't sit outside at the hostel and you have to go. I had in my bed BEDBUGS! You can take for free snorkel equitment that's cool. The hostel is close to the beach. It's better if you have a car on kauai or met other people with a car. ”
- 28 Jan 2014 Ronja Switzerland