Hornbill Holiday Home
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I have stayed in Hornbill last year and it was great! However, this time I reserved a double bed & I was given a single bed (Single room) with no A/C. The care taking person simply saying I have to contact the office tomorrow (Monday). I asked for the MGR mobile and he refused to give it saying it was a Sunday. Without a/c it was impossible to survive and therefore, we had to book another motel to stay the night. Total rip-off (Charged me for a Double room with A/C & provided me single w/o A/C) ”
- 24 Mar 2013 Anonymous Sri Lanka
- “ nice and clean room in a quiet location ”
- 21 Jan 2013 Anonymous Poland
- “ Good for visiting Colombo for one or two days or as a first hostel from where to start your Sri Lanka trip. Apart from that, the location does not provide much worth seeing. Located near Dehiwala train station where you can take various trains along the west coast. Very friendly and helpful staff. Location quite secure due to a massive, always locked gate. Free WiFi & AC. From Colombo Airport, take a tuktuk or taxi to Dehiwala trainstation which should be known by most drivers (Taxi ~3200 LKR). ”
- 25 Dec 2012 Anonymous Germany
- “ The location is good for the train station but not much else. My room did not get serviced during my 2 day stay. The internet worked slowely the second day and not at all the first. The cleaner serviced a vacated room then sat in the common area watching TV ALL DAY and into the evening making it impossible for me to utilize the area for quiet endevors. He didn't bother even sweeping up to dead cockroach, ants and other crap scattered on the common area's floor. ”
- 18 Nov 2012 Anonymous USA