Hostal Casa La Asunción
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hazel, the owner, was very helpful. E.g.,, I wanted to visit an artist whose phone number I had, but our Spanish wasn't good enough to get directions on the phone. Hazel spoke to her, got directions, and ordered a Tuk Tuk herself so that we would not be overcharged. Maribel, the cook and maid, was full of smiles and sunshine, and constantly at work sweeping, cleaning, watering plants and cooking. The hostel is built around a courtyard and also has a rooftop terrace for lounging and eating. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Sharon & Ben USA
- “ This was my third stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, and although they don't speak English they do have someone respond to emails who does. The included breakfast is good. With a minimum stay, an airport transfer is included which is uncommon for Antigua, and that alone adds much value. The outside door was always locked and no matter how many times we came and went, the door was always opened with a smile when we rang the bell. The rooms are small but clean. ”
- 05 Feb 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ 5 blocks from Central Park but close to the market and bus station. Free airport pickup is an added plus as its worth more than the cost of the room. The included breakfast gave you 3 different options. Its more like a bed and breakfast than a hostel (only 3 or 4 rooms). The roof top patio is a nice place to relax and gives you a view of the city and volcano. Shower was hot and the place was clean. A bit noisy in the morning as on one of the main roads out of town. Not much English spoken. ”
- 04 Aug 2013 Anonymous Canada