Hostal Casa La Asunción
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We had a delightful stay and would return when we are in Antigua again. ”
- 12 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Didn't like being locked in...in case of fire or earthquake, definitely dangerous. Room had no hooks, closet, drawers to hang or put clothes. My bed had springs sticking up and it sagged horribly. Facilities clean except for kitchen. Many bugs. True, courtyard to outside makes if difficult to keep bugs out, but kitchen overall was dirty. Kids made lots of noise until 9 pm, then quiet. Hosts didn't speak English. RT pickup from Guate city excellent service. ”
- 26 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Hazel, the owner, was very helpful. E.g.,, I wanted to visit an artist whose phone number I had, but our Spanish wasn't good enough to get directions on the phone. Hazel spoke to her, got directions, and ordered a Tuk Tuk herself so that we would not be overcharged. Maribel, the cook and maid, was full of smiles and sunshine, and constantly at work sweeping, cleaning, watering plants and cooking. The hostel is built around a courtyard and also has a rooftop terrace for lounging and eating. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Sharon & Ben USA