Hostal Casa La Asunción
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Didn't like being locked in...in case of fire or earthquake, definitely dangerous. Room had no hooks, closet, drawers to hang or put clothes. My bed had springs sticking up and it sagged horribly. Facilities clean except for kitchen. Many bugs. True, courtyard to outside makes if difficult to keep bugs out, but kitchen overall was dirty. Kids made lots of noise until 9 pm, then quiet. Hosts didn't speak English. RT pickup from Guate city excellent service. ”
- 26 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Hazel, the owner, was very helpful. E.g.,, I wanted to visit an artist whose phone number I had, but our Spanish wasn't good enough to get directions on the phone. Hazel spoke to her, got directions, and ordered a Tuk Tuk herself so that we would not be overcharged. Maribel, the cook and maid, was full of smiles and sunshine, and constantly at work sweeping, cleaning, watering plants and cooking. The hostel is built around a courtyard and also has a rooftop terrace for lounging and eating. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Sharon & Ben USA
- “ This was my third stay. The staff are friendly and helpful, and although they don't speak English they do have someone respond to emails who does. The included breakfast is good. With a minimum stay, an airport transfer is included which is uncommon for Antigua, and that alone adds much value. The outside door was always locked and no matter how many times we came and went, the door was always opened with a smile when we rang the bell. The rooms are small but clean. ”
- 05 Feb 2014 Anonymous Canada