Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Absolutely beautiful old building hides this almost hotel like hostel in a very central location. Only good things to say about the hostel. ”
- 16 Jul 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ Very kind and thoughtful staff! Thanks for the great stay! ”
- 30 Apr 2015 Austin USA
- “ Hostal Santillan was very, very nice for its price. Located on Gran Via, the location can't be beat, and although it is about twice as costly as a traditional hostel, it feels like a little hotel, with all the accommodations you would expect from one. A few members of the staff spoke English, but knowing some Spanish will definitely help. Aside from the slight language barrier, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was very clean, and had a lockable wardrobe and a nice bathroom. ”
- 21 Mar 2015 Katie USA
- “ The aspect I was mostly delighted for was the good price in relation to the location and environment as well as the services received such as the hospitality and the cleaness both in my individual room and in the common spaces. As secundary thing I also liked the general context I mean the historical building located in one of the most important streets of Madrid, that's not really bad. Definitely I would recommend it and I already did it! ”
- 19 Dec 2014 Enrico Italy
- “ The location of the hostel is great. Easy walks to Opera area and Del Sol. Also easy access to Metro. Staff was great on check in and check out - the only times I interacted with them. I'm a solo traveler in my early 50s and booked a private room with own bath. The accommodations are just what you need - clean, safe and comfortable. For those in the same age group as myself, I did see others close to my age. This is on off season, middle of November, so could be different during peak. ”
- 10 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The room was very small. However, it was clean and the location was right on Gran Via. No breakfast though. It helps to know some Spanish when interacting with the staff. ”
- 29 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA