Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The room was a bit loud, both because it was right beside the entrance/lobby and because the elevator was out the window. ”
- 06 Dec 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Awesome place - travelled around in Madrid and this hostel is close to everything. I just wish they all spoke English here. ”
- 06 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Absolutely beautiful old building hides this almost hotel like hostel in a very central location. Only good things to say about the hostel. ”
- 16 Jul 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ Very kind and thoughtful staff! Thanks for the great stay! ”
- 30 Apr 2015 Austin USA
- “ Hostal Santillan was very, very nice for its price. Located on Gran Via, the location can't be beat, and although it is about twice as costly as a traditional hostel, it feels like a little hotel, with all the accommodations you would expect from one. A few members of the staff spoke English, but knowing some Spanish will definitely help. Aside from the slight language barrier, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room itself was very clean, and had a lockable wardrobe and a nice bathroom. ”
- 21 Mar 2015 Katie USA