Hostal Sol de Oro
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed on two occasions - the second time we were given a room with no window and the sheets had not been changed. As we arrived late we had no option, but to accept. Certainly not a pleasent experience ”
- 14 Aug 2015 Anonymous Italy
- “ Like family atmosphere. ”
- 02 Mar 2015 Lance Canada
- “ Great location. Friendly staff. Quiet except for AM when little girl was running around. Very clean except for shower curtain. I had a private room and bath which was spacious and worth the $20 per night. Breakfast simple of bread and toast. Poor wifi but there was always a computer available with fast internet. ”
- 16 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent hostel! The rooms and bathrooms are very clean, the staff is friendly and it's close to the main square (5 minutes walking). They have a lot of touristic info and you can also buy bus tickets if you need. Totally recommendable is you are looking for a place to relax. ”
- 28 Sep 2014 Marusela Chile
- “ Sol de Oro was a bit further from the center of town than I would have preferred. However the staff were excellent. I was really sick upon arrival and they put me in a room by myself with a private bathroom which was a lifesaver at the time. The back patio was great for watching the sunset! Wifi and hot water also worked very well. They have a bar but it did not seem to be open while I was there and from what I could discern, no public kitchen. ”
- 24 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ For the $20 or so that we spent for 1 night, it was a good spot to rest your head. Rooms are pretty bare w/ little lighting. There wasn't any warm/hot water either. There was breakfast but mainly a fruit w/ bread & jam. The bed seemed clean enough but it was also a little noisy since the rooms are so close together. Not the worst place we've stayed but not the best. Again, good if you're visiting on the cheap. ”
- 17 Sep 2014 Matthew USA