Hostel Cosmos Amsterdam
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great little place, easy access to Museums and tram to downtown. Recommend Parking at the Olympia Stadion, arrive after 1000 and it is only 1 euro to park. Quick tram ride to Museum stop 3 blocks away. ”
- 24 Jun 2015 John USA
- “ I stayed in the 12 bed female dorm. The room was nice but it got very hot at night and there are no ladders on the beds so people have to almost climb on you to get into their top bunk. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever I needed directions for anything and the WiFi is good through out the whole house. I dont think the sheets were freshly washed though as there were makeup stains on one side of my pillow. ”
- 08 Jun 2015 Lisa Ireland
- “ Being that I stayed here during King's Day weekend, the price was absolutely insane. I wouldn't recommend this place for 70 bucks a night (like I had to pay: and that was one of the cheapest hostels!) There was only one bathroom on two floors, each with one toilet and one shower. Just in my dorm, there were 12 beds and there were three - four rooms on each floor. So you can imagine how the bathroom situation was. I didn't find a problem with it, but some of my roommates had. Overall cool place. ”
- 25 Apr 2015 Brandi USA
- “ . Claustrophobic cramped spaces, eye watering pink wallpaper, and one toilet+shower room shared between a whole floor (probably 30 people). Staff are unfriendly and extremely paranoid about letting people in. You cannot get in with your own key, but always have to buzz in and then show your card at the desk to prove you are staying there. Despite this the security is lax. Sometimes they just leave the front door open, and our room door didn't lock properly. It is very cheap though. ”
- 22 Mar 2015 Anonymous Australia
- “ There were only 3 bathrooms in the entire hostel and 1 was under construction, leaving 2 bathrooms for everyone staying in the hostel. The location was good but the quality of the hostel was sub-par--would not necessarily recommend. ”
- 13 Mar 2015 Claire USA