Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff are very nice and location is very good. ”
- 30 Oct 2014 Anonymous Colombia
- “ Pro Staff is very nice! Right by shopping area and the Charles Bridge and the Prague Castle among other POIs. Easy to access from main train station Rooms are a bit sparse but clean and well lit Facilities work well and are clean, too. The combination kitchen and living space seems very conducive to socializing if that's something you like. Con Can be a bit noisy Windows don't have screens so in the summer, bugs can be a problem. ”
- 07 Aug 2014 Michelle USA
“ Hostel Downtown had a good mix of atmosphere between fun upbeat socializing at night and a calmer/quieter mood during the day. Very easy to both meet people and get a night's sleep or a good nap. The staff runs fun activities pretty much everyday that are a great way to meet people and see the city. ”
Hi Eli - thank you very much - we are really doing our best to have fun together and create really friendly atmosphere in hostel Downtown and I am so happy that you felt it. Thank you. Regards, jakub, manager.
- 05 Jun 2014 Eli USA
“ Great hostel which made my holiday in Prague a fantastic one. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast good value. Room very comfortable. Great location - walking distance to all the tourist spots, good transport on the doorstep (tram), subway a quick walk away. Would recommend booking in to see shows at the Opera House and Theatre, which are close by. The staff also organised a couple of taxi rides, which saved me getting ripped off by the drivers. Would stay here again. ”
Dear Beverly, thanks a lot for your very very welcome feedback. Antyhing to add? I would like to only underline them because I absolutely love it! Thank you and I hope to meet you some day again. Regards, jakub, manager.
- 24 May 2014 Beverley Australia
“ Well equipped kitchen, nice atmosphere). Each day some interesting events are being organized. Definitely, your staying in this hostel won't be boring, if you don't divide yourself off the people.
But it still be a problem: in April it's not really warm, but general heating system is off, so in the room it's quite cool - general problem in the hostel. It should be better to provide additional heater in these cases. ”
Dear Daniil, thanks a lot for your comment. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our activities. You are right - we are doing our best to have a fun all together :-) We will do our best to be warmer next winter till the end of April so I hope you will come to check it. Regards, jakub, manager.
- 04 May 2014 Anonymous Russia
- “ The hostel was so good, great location, friendly staff ... I was really surprised and impressed about the free daily activities they offer. First night we went with some Brazilian guide called Gil for a night city tour, he was really nice and friendly and made our first impression of the city just perfect ... second day we took an other city tour which was also nice, The location is great, we were in 8 beds room and it's ok, some friends were in 2 beds room and it was really good ! RECOMMENDED ! ”
- 24 Jan 2014 Anonymous Israel
- “ Absolutely the best hostel ive stayed at hands down! Super friendly vibe with great activities you can join in for free like cooking traditional czech meals. Favourite hostel. ”
- 01 Dec 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ Awesome hostel with excellent facilities (kitchen). The events organised every evening (i.e. cooking every second evening) are a great way to meet other travellers. Location was also excellent. The push button showers which turn off after 10 seconds are a little annoying though... ”
- 01 Dec 2013 Anonymous Australia