Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Besides from all the comments mentioned here, I have never felt this much unwanted in a place. The owner of the place is extremely rude. ”
- 18 Nov 2013 ANIL Turkey
- “ This Homestay is highly recommendable, the owners Erika and Arturo are very nice and helpful. They give you advices for places to visit around. The Hostel has 5 rooms , cozy and clean house and is 5 blocks to downtown, Sto. Domingo Market, Street with Bars & Restaurants and 10-15 minutes walking to the bus station. ”
- 14 Sep 2013 Anonymous Mexico
“ Hostel is a convenient (but sometimes noisy) location on the fringe of the historical area/walking streets but it suffers from being near an intersection that gets a fair amount of traffic (Both car and truck) and is noisy due to cars passing over the road surface which is a bit bumpy. Double paned windows would go a long way in muting out this noise. A bit annoying at night too. Rainy nights can be noisy too due to water coming from the roof/gutter.. Common area is too bright in the day time due to the ”
Dear, thank you for your comment and suggestions. We are happy to consider our guest's suggestions to improve their experience and our hostel's quality. Putting double windows is going to be one of our commitments in the future. We would like to point out that our hostel is within the center of San Cristobal, in a secondary street. Therefore the night traffic is very low comparing to the main streets. The rain is part of the nature and indigenous people say that it is a blessing...
- 17 Jun 2013 Wayne USA
- “ Great hostel. It is really comfortable, starting from the staff. The owners are a really friendly family and they will make you feel like home. They are very generous, funny and easy to talk to them. Very clean rooms, with a roof to sit and relax and good breakfast. I really recommend this hostel as a first option in the city. Un abrazo muy grande Erika y Arturo y perdonad la tardanza, el pinche DF me estresa!! ”
- 12 Jun 2013 Anonymous Spain
- “ Erika, Arturo and all of them were cool!! Very nice place to stay in San Cristobal! ”
- 21 Apr 2013 Anonymous Argentina
- “ Hostel Erni has the nicest environment of any place I have ever stayed. Erika and Artruro are about the most generous, sweet and funny people I have ever met. The lively conversations over the dinner table expanded my Spanish vocabulary exponentially within a week! ”
- 29 Dec 2012 morgan Canada