Hostel Kyotokko (ex Kyoto Cheapest Inn)
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The thing Kyotoko impressed me was it is really clean everywhere. I feel comfortable living here. The room is not too crowded, we have space. Clean mattress sheet, pillow sheet, and blanket sheet is given to each customer upon arrival. Toilet and bathroom don't have ugly stain, the management is taking care of this really well. I highly recommend this hostel! ”
- 14 Aug 2015 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ The staff is really nice and they speak english as well. Showers and beds were clean. The only problem was that they switch off the aircon at around 9 a.m., so it gets unbearably hot in summer and you melt if you don't get up. ”
- 28 Jul 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ The showers are very dirty, full of hairs in the shower drain; in the toilet ther was a bad smell. Guests have to pay for every little thing. The terrace is very nice, but the room is half a room and half a laboratory...and you suggest to use the outside stairs usually, instead of the elevator. ”
- 25 Jul 2015 Martra Italy
- “ If you want to see the sights in Kyoto this is an ok hostel. All sights are reachable by bike. The hotel rents good 3 gear bikes. The rooftop is nice but there is not much goin on in the hostel. Same in the common area. Few dorky people when i was there. No one wanted to go out. The showers are also in the reception / commom area space. Bit weird and a little walk from 3F. Beds are ok. You need a taxi or bike to come back from gion. Metro stops before 12. Taxi 1200¥. AStrange system of Wifi. ”
- 19 Jul 2015 Anonymous Netherlands