Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Around the hostel looks a bit dangerous. Inside not bother. Within walking distance of all amenities. Neatly dressed, much refreshed. ”
- 13 Sep 2016 Anonymous
“ Probably the most terrible hostel in Italy. First, the location is extremely poor - it needs to be mentioned clearly that the hostel is situated within the slams of Naples. The neighborhood surrounding the hostel is dangerous and not safe at all. It is a matter of 20-25 mins walk to get to the actual city center. Second- the staff- absolutely disgusting:They didn't open us the main door for more than 30 mins, too many ridiculous house rules and unfriendly atmosphere. stay away from that hostel! ”
Surely this is the reaction to our STATED rules, but we all know that travelling and sharing we ALL and I say ALL have to be respectfull of others. Our "rule" for the rooms daily cleanings is IMPORTANT for us but more for who book the rooms, and we will NEVER for 1 or 2 people unrespectful of such things, will make unhappy 30/40 other guests. We LOVE clean and we are pretty sure that the 99% of our guests LOVES our "rule"!!
- 31 Jul 2016 Yarin Germany
“ The hostel in itself is nice, but their are far to many rules, you cannot go in the kitchen between 11am-2am, and after around midnight, latest 2am you cannot be in the lounge or the kitchen, as the receptionist sleeps in the cot. This also makes it awkward if you go out late as you will wake up the receptionist as you have to ring the bell. If it did not have these restrictions then it would be a good hostel, as it is clean the bathrooms and kitchen are very nice and its in a great location. ”
Dear guest we really thank you for choosing Hostel mancini for your stay in Naples. About your disapointed points about our "RULES"....this is my answer: 1) To keep a Hostel rooms and kitchen clean we need to clean daily and if we don't do it then people write that the Hostel is dirty and in bad conditions. 2) Same on the 2nd point about comeback, all of our guests are free to comeback home at any time, but because the kitchen close at 1:00 a.m. it can't be used. We are willing to open at anytime to make people comeback to the Hostel.
- 07 Jul 2016 Lorenzo France
- “ We stayed one night as we were moving on to the Amalfi coast. Good staff and clean rooms and facilities. Although, they were renovating the kitchen at the time so unfortunately we couldn't use that. The staff showed us some good sights that we could squeeze in before our departure. Really close to the train & bus station which is great. YES - it's on a poorly lit and kinda messy street. But it's really not dangerous. This is the case with many european cities. Don't worry about it. ”
- 20 Jun 2016 Rickard Sweden