Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Hostel Mundo is one of those hostels that you can't find anything wrong with. We stayed there for 5 nights and had a good time. Lovely old house with lots of atmosphere. All the facilities were clean and well equipped. Our western style room was a bit small but did the job. The Japanese rooms were really beautiful when I took a peak at them. The staff was great - super friendly and helpful! We also liked the location, very convenient and peaceful. We recommend staying here while in Kyoto! ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Anonymous Finland
- “ Hola mi experencia es para no repertir en la vida,las chicas tengo que decir en primer lugar muy agradables,muy atentas,pero el sitio es sucio,no hay ninguna clase de normas,las habitaciones sucias,la ropa de cama sucia,mi habitación que tenia una cama de matrimonio pequeñisima,las ventanas temblaban si pasaba un coche,entraba el aire,le tuvimos que poner una manta a la ventana del frio,las escaleras para la habitación horribles,muy oscuro,sucio,siempre con ruido,la nevera olía a podrido. ”
- 25 Dec 2013 maite Spain
- “ I enjoyed the traditional Japanese style rooms the most on my trip through Japan. There is so much about this guesthouse I enjoyed, you will make friends if you go sit in the common area and talk and eat with everyone. The staff is so friendly and will make you feel at home and the rooms are spacious and warm (we traveled during winter) I highly recommend coming here, its an easy ride on the bus to the JR rail too! I miss it already! ”
- 22 Dec 2013 Amber USA
- “ The hostel is made from a very old home which was easy to find based on the directions and the red lantern on the roof. The staff was absolutely wonderful; warm, welcoming, had great English, knew the area well, and knew about traveling so their suggestions and stories were very interesting. The stairs and doors all made typical "old house" noises, which made me very self-conscious if I needed to use the restroom, which was only on the first floor and at the very back - far from my room :( ”
- 13 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA