Hostel Ospitalia del Mare
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I absolutely love this place! It's the town past cinque terre but it has amazing character and I actually preferred this town above the rest. The beach is 5 mins walk and the hostel is right next to the trail to Monterosso (2.5 hr hike) or a 15 min walk to the train station. The hostel is very clean, beds are comfortable and they give you a towel and breakfast included in the price. Staff was helpful and I met great people staying here. I will definitely be back ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel wasn't open for large parts of the day (12-4 pm) so I had to carry my luggage with me to some of the places I wanted to see. I tried calling and no one picked up.There was no way to lock our stuff inside the room but the travelers I was with all seemed nice. It was a bit of a walk from the station to the hostel but it was close enough. No common area to congregate. Breakfast was bad and we shared the area with a bunch of kids so not that good for atmosphere.Had the basics though. ”
- 15 Jul 2014 Michael USA
- “ Great location for beach, walks and the centre of town. Nice hostel run by friendly people. Always clean and facilities good (no kitchen was a bit of a bummer and breakfast was average but free). Overall lovely stay and would recommend ”
- 15 Jun 2014 erin
- “ We really liked it here. To visit Cinque Terre I would reccomend staying here instead of in one of the 5 villages. Better prices, and less tourists. The hostel is big, has comfortable beds, with a large closet with a lock to go with every bed. The breakfast was quite nice also. We loved the little terrace and the staff were very helpful. I highly reccomend it! ”
- 06 Jun 2014 Hallgjerd Norway
- “ The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although this is a big hostel, it has a great atmosphere out on the terrace. The wifi really only works in the lobby reception area. It is a great location and place to stay if you are doing the Chinque Terre walks, and Levanto has everything you need. The hostel has laundry facilities but just a microwave in the dining area. I would recommend staying here. The reception does close during the day but you can still get in with a key. ”
- 17 Apr 2014 Diane New Zealand
- “ The Ospitalia del Mare definitely exceeded my expectations. Place was very clean, breakfast was good, and the staff were very friendly. It was a bit tricky to find, since the signs in town are not very clear, but the location is great; right near the beach as well as a bunch of restaurants and gelaterias! ”
- 11 Apr 2014 Phoebe USA