Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was my first time staying at a hostel and I am so glad that I decided to stay here. The staff were pleasant and friendly, thd atmosphere was great and open, there are plenty of interesting people coming and going, it's very central to everything you need, and the bar is a fun spot. If you are staying in Vienna and want a memorable experience then you have to stay here. Next time in in Vienna I am definitely booking here. ”
- 15 Jul 2016 Kris Canada
- “ I was a solo traveler there for 5 nights, and I had a comfortable stay. While the price is accessible, I felt I was paying too much for a room where you were either cold or sweating and any extra services like breakfast (3.90e) or laundry were expensive. The atmosphere is pretty chill, so if you are looking for party you need to find a good group of people, otherwise it would just be drinking and chilling. There are no cool bars nearby except for Travel Shack which is a fun place to be. ”
- 25 Jun 2016 Anonymous Mexico
- “ I loved my stay in hostel Ruthensteiner! The staff are helpful and very chill, and there's always help available in case of need. The whole atmosphere in this hostel is very welcoming and I fully agree with all the other great reviews hostel Ruthensteiner has received so far. I hope to be back next summer! ”
- 16 Jun 2016 Anonymous Finland
- “ Apart from being clean, cozy and almost perfectly located (5 min walk to the U-bahn), this hostel has an amazingly warm and friendly atmosphere. The staff were welcoming, smiling and helpful, and the sunny courtyard and cozy bar with its guitars and piano for random sing-alongs almost made us want to skip seeing the rest of Vienna just to stay and hang out. We only wish we could have stayed longer. ”
- 02 Jun 2016 Nanna Denmark
- “ Great hostel! ”
- 10 May 2016 Galen USA
- “ Honestly, one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Great staff, location (right by the main train station and plenty of restaurants/shops), facilities and atmosphere. Plenty of space, but also had a homey vibe. Rooms were built well to accommodate the number of people in each one (with enough bathrooms, outlets, lockers, reading lights, etc.), and there are common areas for both socializing and relaxing. Overall, I highly, highly recommend this place! ”
- 22 Apr 2016 Anonymous USA
“ I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again; the facilities are excellent, the staff is amazingly helpful and friendly, and the atmosphere is one of the best I've ever encountered. The only downside is that it's very hard to leave once the bar opens, and you can miss seeing some of Vienna if you spend too much time hanging out with all the great people! ”
Wow, thanks so much for this awesome review! Come back anytime, we'll be more than happy to distract you once again from the wonders of Vienna :). Until then, happy traveling!
- 14 Apr 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ It is very enjoyable to stay here. Large range of facilities to use, big kitchen with everything you need, large garden with barbecue oven, and especially the bar with excellent atmosphere and you gonna spend you night time everyday here. ”
What a great review, thank you! Come chill with us again some day!
- 08 Apr 2016 Anonymous Hong Kong
“ The only think is that some times zones in hostel are tight (bathroom,some toilet, fridge) ”
Hey there, thanks for your review! We are in one of these pre-war European buildings where space is scarce, so there are a few corners of the house where things get a little cramped (especially since we've devoted so much space to common areas - the hang out room, the bar, our lovely gardens, etc). However, we do our very best to make ideal use of the space we do have, and we're constantly renovating and re-designing in order to make our rooms and facilities as comfortable and accommodating as possible :). Come and see us again sometime - chances are, you'll find our house changed for the better!
- 01 Apr 2016 Karol Poland
- “ Fantastic hostel! Clean sheets, individual wall lights and power sockets for each bed. Breakfast was affordable and tasty. The staff was super nice and helpful in answering my questions about Vienna. The hostel is located on a quiet side street, with an easy 15 minute walk to Schonbrunn Palace and a 5-minute walk to the Westbahnhof metro station. I would love to visit Vienna again one day, and if I do, I will stay here again. ”
- 31 Mar 2016 Jessica USA