Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I cannot rate this hostel highly enough. As a woman travelling alone it was a haven; safe, clean, friendly, bright, intelligent and providing everything one could need. Not being a young student it is difficult to get accomodation that is both personal and private without costing a fortune. So thank you for a perfect stay. ”
- 18 Nov 2015 Erin Wales
- “ Overall, it's a very nice hostel. The staff members are wonderful ! ”
- 28 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
“ I can't say enough about this hostel. Friendly staff, beautiful bar and hang out room with games, instruments, books, cheap alcohol and such fun people. I loved my stay here and the staff was so helpful and accommodating when I asked to stay another night. They found a room for me in no time, it was so easy and stress free. The location is a teeny bit outside of center city, but it's easy to find from the train and bus, and there are fun bars in the area. Just a short tram ride or walk to town. ”
THANK YOU for this lovely review! I just a quick note on our location: we're just a few minutes walk from the lovely Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna's most popular shopping avenue - this gorgeous mixed use/pedestrian space will lead you all the way to the historic center. Plus, as you say, there are plenty of awesome bars, restaurants & clubs in our very own neighborhood - so no need to jump on the bus to get in on some Viennese action! Thanks again, and happy travelling!
- 22 Oct 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Had a great time during my stay, the common room/bar is a great place to hang out and connect with other travelers especially through music! ”
- 24 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ This hostel's awesome! The 6 bed mixed room is huge, with a lot of space & outlets :) The bathroom is just above the top! The shower was very clean and the whole bathroom was very well equipped! The breakfast was OK, but I ate 3x bread w/ jam because I don't eat cereals. So I would change breakfast a little bit, but despite, it was very delicious :) When I bought breakfast the ladies there were very smiling, helpful and delightful, a great way to start a day! :) I highly recommend this hostel! ”
- 22 Sep 2015 Anonymous Hungary
- “ Great hostel in Vienna - the staff were some of the most helpful I have encountered and were so pleasant. They really made our experience worthwhile. It is a quintessential hostel that has great facilities and wonderful atmosphere. I would recommend it and stay here again! ”
- 21 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice, clean, safe hostel in a good location near Westbahnhof. Breakfast was good, too. ”
- 28 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Great place for all ages! ”
Thank you - we agree :)!
- 23 Aug 2015 Renata Czech Republic
“ Great place, such a good vibe. One of the best hostels that I've stayed in as a single traveller, so easy to meet people and have a chat over a beer at happy hour. Really really enjoyed my stay here. ”
Thanks so much, Lucy! Come chill with us again anytime :).
- 18 Aug 2015 Lucy Australia
“ Great place with lovely staff. Stayed in a dorm and the room was clean, the bed was soft and the shower hot :) vienna-tip: If you got a couple of days here you should rent a bike from the hostel and take a ride along the canal. There are really nice "beach bars" and places to see! ”
Hey there, thank you for this lovely review! That tip about the DANUBE CANAL is a great one. A note to other travellers: the canal (which runs along the north side of Vienna's historic center) is a fantastic local summertime hangout, complete with the aforementioned beach bars, clubs etc (one, the Badeschiff, even has a SWIMMING POOL!), crazy graffitti and street art, and plenty of action day and night...just one of many reasons to visit Vienna in the warm months :). Happy travelling!!!
- 29 Jul 2015 Sandra Sweden